Telespazio Vega is the first choice aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions & services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Component Engineer to join the Telespazio UK team, working on site at ESTEC, to carry out support tasks within Passive components.
To provide component engineering support to relevant missions and projects in ESTEC, focusing on passive components, including the production of reports, presentations and other relevant documentation.
Responsibilities / Duties
Typical duties for the successful candidate will include;
- Providing expert technical support and consultancy to ESA projects and programmes regarding microwave, photonic or Si components throughout all project phases;
- Participating in project reviews and evaluation of procurement proposals;
- contributing to the definition of technology development requirements and work plans for the Agency’s technology programmes;
- Defining, initiating and managing R&D activities
- Supporting technology domain-related standardisation activities (ESCC, ECSS);
- Initiating and monitoring laboratory activities including preparation of test plans and reviews of test reports;
- Contributing to the dissemination of the results of the activities performed and the transfer of knowledge across the Agency
Qualifications / Experience
- University Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Physical science or related specialisation related to the EEE component area.
- Relevant professional work experience in an Industrial, Academic or R&D environment.
- Experience in EEE engineering, for space application, in one or more of the domains: active microwave, Silicon and photonics.
- Experience in general EEE support for Space projects.
- Proactive attitude to solving problems
- Good English language skills
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Able to work independently and in international teams
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.