Telespazio Vega is the first choice aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions & services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential.
An exciting opportunity is available at Telespazio UK where you will develop and win business in future European Space Agency and national programmes. Telespazio UK has a 40+ year history of delivery and customer friend activities with the European Space Agency, and we remain deeply embedded within their programmes with strong customer relationships. We are looking for an enthusiastic, pro-active, adaptable and driven individual to be part of our future plans to grow this business.
If you are already active in a similar sales role & seek a new challenge with short-, medium- and long-term prospects, or looking to move into a commercially focused role from a related EO / Climate technical domain… then we actively encourage you to get in touch.
To develop and win new, sustainable and profitable EO & Climate Systems business, and to support in realizing the wider ambitious growth plans of Telespazio UK. You will report to the Head of Marketing & Sales in the UK and will work with a passionate, supportive and motivated team, comprising a mixture of commercial and technical individuals. You will lead the build and management of a pipeline of EO / climate systems opportunities through the complex sales lifecycle and up to successful contract award.
Responsibilities / Duties
Working across the UK and Europe, with regular time in Telespazio UK’s Luton head office, key responsibilities shall include:
- Leadership of sales activities concerning EO & Climate systems;
- Developing strong and trusted relationships with key stakeholders in the European Space Agency and UK Space Agency;
- Drive sales forward in a proactive manner by understanding customer plans for Invitations to Tenders (ITTs) of interest, convey clearly how the Telespazio UK offerings are a differentiator, and build winning Consortia as required;
- Take responsibility for the complete Sales cycle from prospect identification to contract signature
- Lead EO and Climate Systems business reporting, strategy and planning;
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing & Sales in the UK and key stakeholders in the internal Telespazio Group Satellite Systems and Operations (SSO) Line of Business (LoB).
- Be flexible, including the supporting the Head of Geo Information Marketing & Sales on institutional opportunities.
- Support key external messages on news items, press releases, and present / attend external events around Europe as required.
- Maintain an ethical approach to business, in with the Telespazio ethics policy;
Qualifications / Experience
- A Univesity Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an engineering or related scientific discipline
- Track record of successful sales/business development or technical experience with EO / Climate Systems, in particular working with stakeholders at the European Space Agency, UK Space Agency and in the Copernicus programme;
- Experience of interacting effectively with key stakeholders
- Knowledge of space industry, specifically in EO and / or climate systems.
- Knowledge of ESA programmes
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills;
- Customer centric disposition with an ability to anticipate, prepare and deliver against likely conversational scenarios;
- Exceptionally strong communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal forms;
- Excellent analytical skills
- Calm yet energized; organized, adaptable and resilient; detailed yet succinct; efficient, coupled with a quality focus;
- Proactive, positive team player who can work confidently both autonomously and effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to interface at all levels within the Telespazio multi-national team, and with our partners and customers.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.