Telespazio Vega is the first choice aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions & services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential.
A fantastic opportunity has emerged at Telespazio UK. Embark on a path to success & leverage our product offering on behalf of our Geo-information (GI) Line of Business (LoB), comprising the Telespazio, e-GEOS and GAF international group of subsidiaries.
As a leading Space and Geo Information company in the UK, Telespazio UK is looking for an enthusiastic, pro-active, adaptable and driven individual to be part of our UK growth story.
If you are already active in a similar sales role & seek a new challenge with short-, medium- and long-term prospects, or looking to move into a Geo Information commercially focused role from a related technical domain… then we actively encourage you to get in touch.
To develop and win new, sustainable and profitable GI business, and to support in realizing the wider ambitious growth plans of Telespazio UK. You will report to the Head of Marketing & Sales in the UK and will work with a passionate, supportive and motivated team, comprising a mixture of commercial and technical individuals, to lead the build and management of a pipeline of Geo Information (GI) sales opportunities through the complex sales lifecycle and up to successful contract award.
Responsibilities / Duties
Working across the UK, with regular time in Telespazio UK’s Luton head office, key responsibilities shall include:
- Leadership of the overall UK Geo Information sales business;
- Develop good relationships and communications with corporate functions and departments, ensuring effective; coordination and compliance;
- Drive sales forward to meet our aggressive growth plans, secure new business whilst developing opportunities within our existing portfolio;
- Develop new channels to market through existing and new partners;
- Lead GI business reporting and planning;
- Maintain an ethical approach to business, in line with the Telespazio ethics policy
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing & Sales in the UK, the Head of the Geo-information LoB in the UK, and key stakeholders in the international Telespazio Group GI LoB;
Qualifications / Experience
- Track record of securing new business in the Earth Observation/ Geo information environment;
- Knowledge and experience of selling Geo Information solutions and data to commercial customers, partners, service providers and end users;
- Experienced in developing and maintaining sales/distribution channels;
- Commercially astute with excellent numeracy skills, ability to efficiently synthesize 3rd party information make recommendations, and confidently present to and/or chair large group settings;
- Experience of designing and delivering strategy;
- Experience of effective budget planning / management;
- Experience of institutional GI / EO business development, including with the European Space Agency, European Commission (e.g. Copernicus Climate Change Service), and national institutions e.g. UK Space Agency Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (DEFRA);
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in Geo Information, Earth Sciences, Engineering or related subject;
- Knowledge, experience, and ability to convey Geo Information industry concepts (either Satellite Earth Observation, Remote Sensing and/or GIS);
- Knowledge of specific geo-information market domains, in particular Utilities, Transport, Mining, Oil & Gas, Climate & Environment, Civil Engineering Infrastructures;
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills;
- Customer centric disposition with an ability to anticipate, prepare and deliver against likely conversational scenarios;
- Exceptionally strong communication and presentation skills – persuasiveness and commercially focused in both written and verbal forms;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Calm yet energized; organized, adaptable and resilient; detailed yet succinct; efficient, coupled with a quality focus;
- Proactive, positive team player who can work confidently both autonomously and effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to interface at all levels within the Telespazio multi-national team, and with our partners and customers
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.