We are the first choice European aerospace company for software centric engineering solutions. We combine 40 years of experience in a market, where trust and quality are needed. With more than 350 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace – and beyond - together.
About Telespazio Germany
We are the first choice European aerospace company for software centric engineering solutions. We combine 40 years of experience in a market, where trust and quality are needed. With more than 350 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace – and beyond – together.
Our staff plays a key role for our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of collaboration in an open international environment living our values; trust, integrity, participation and curiosity.
We are committed to crafting a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We offer a wealth of benefits to support a balanced work life balance, including but not limited to flexible working hours, mobile working and encouraging career development.
This is an opportunity to be part of the shift in thinking in the space sector. You will join an ambitious program revolutionizing how ground segments are built, operated and commercialized.
To address the growing commercial new space economy, Telespazio Vega is investing and crafting a complete new platform for the operations of space missions.
ENABLE is the world’s first end-to-end cloud platform for space operations, allowing for easy, scalable and cost-efficient management of space assets. Featuring all the required capabilities to design, scale, operate and optimise a mission. We are inventing the next generation of ground software and are looking to hire forward-thinking minds to shape this exciting project with us! See ‘enable.space’ for more information.
We are looking for pragmatic problem solvers and innovators, with hands-on expertise in cloud based solutions, in particular AWS, who want to shape a new initiative from the beginning.
Along with a team of talented engineers coming from all-over the world, you will lead the cloud architecture, design and develop our ENABLE product.
You will help coach our space domain specialists in the efficient usage of cloud environments. You will communicate your innovative ideas and encourage the team to try new approaches, keeping up to date with the newest trends and technologies, propose suggestions and best practices to optimize the platform’s performance, security and cost.
You will support the design of the new space product. Acting as the cloud and the micro-service’s architecture authority, you will apply cloud environment and service-oriented architecture principles to define and own the solution architecture, create a well-informed cloud strategy and administer the adaption process.
As a team member you will be directly involved in the product development, via e.g. configuration of AWS services, programming of new cloud-native software, or integration of third-party products, following a highly agile process.
You will participate, contribute, think and be creative!
This position is based at our Head Office in Darmstadt. It is a permanent full time position with the earliest to immediate start date.
Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or Electrical Engineering, or in a relevant field
- 5+ years work experience designing, building, executing, and supporting modern IT Cloud based solutions
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification
- Exceptional understanding of cloud computing technologies and recent computing trends and familiarity with enterprise architecture and enterprise application integration
- Adept knowledge of data modeling best practices and practical knowledge of Agile Software development methodology
- Experience with CI/CD and CloudFormation
- Proven expertise on Cloud Engineering, ideally with AWS
- Proven skills with modern architecture techniques including micro-services and event-driven architectures
- Proven knowledge of Docker containers and orchestration platforms
- Experience crafting and developing cloud-native applications
- Inventor demeanor and creative personality
- Knowledgeable on the fast growing AWS portfolio of services
- Experience migrating existing applications to a micro-services architecture
- Experience implementing and operating an enterprise-scale cloud, including service catalog and service enablement automation
- Member of the cloud development community and naturally following the latest innovations
Your Benefits of joining us
By joining the Telespazio family, you will enjoy all the benefits of a competitive salary in a sustainable work environment, flexible working time models, diverse advancement and training possibilities for technical, language and soft skills, a generous holiday package as well as a company pension scheme. Furthermore, we support you with your relocation. Through our wide network, we can also support your partner in finding a job at your new work location.
Are you equally inspired by our visions and dreams? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!