Telespazio Vega is the first choice aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions & services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential.
Telespazio VEGA Deutschland is the first choice European aerospace company for ICT and engineering solutions and services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential. With more than 350 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace together – and beyond. Our staff play a key role in determining our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of teamwork.
We are passionate about Space Operations using the International Space Station (ISS) as a unique platform for conducting experiments in a broad range of utilization areas: scientific research, technology demonstration, exploration and commercialization. Our motivated Engineers support on-orbit operations and ground segment activities at a control center for ESA and DLR ISS payload operations and exploration missions located in Germany.
We are looking to strengthen our team with an ISS Ground Segment and IT Engineer to support the development, testing and administration of ground segment activities for the International Space Station (ISS). This position is based in Cologne. It is full-time and permanent and expected starting date will be January 2021 or as soon as possible after.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
- Development/Testing/Configuration Control/Administration of various virtual data processing systems with the ISS ground segment incl. mission control systems, data protection, network and firewall interfaces
- Development/Testing/Configuration Control/Administration of a distributed network to support communication of telemetry/telecommand, voice and video within the ISS ground segment
- Support ISS operations on-console as Ground Controller
- Conceptual design/Implementation/Testing /Troubleshooting of virtual client/server environments and virtual networks
- Compile Test Plans/Procedure/Reports for operational interfaces
- Support service for local workstations within the ISS ground segment
- Provision of project documentation incl. configuration control and documentation management
- Master’s degree in Information Technology (IT) or equivalent
- Experience in administration of Linux and Windows systems in client/server environments
- Experience in configuration and operation of networks
- Knowledge of networks/virtual networks, network protocols, network components and firewall systems (Sophos)
- Knowledge of virtualization environments (VMware, vSphere)
- Knowledge in IT security
- Good English language skills
- Readiness to take on responsibility, work under pressure and good team and communication skills
- Scripting languages (Python, Bash)
- Knowledge of mission control centers interfaces
- Experience with data- and document-management systems
- After the familiarisation period it is expected that the candidate participates periodically in rotating on-call/shift duty
Your Benefits of joining us
By joining the Telespazio family, you will enjoy all the benefits of a competitive salary in a sustainable work environment, flexible working time models, diverse advancement and training possibilities for technical, language and soft skills, a generous holiday package as well as a company pension scheme. Furthermore, we support you with your relocation. Through our wide network, we can also support your partner in finding a job at your new work location.
Are you equally inspired by our visions and dreams? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Melanie Giesche.