Telespazio Vega is the first choice aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions & services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential.
Telespazio VEGA Deutschland is the first choice European aerospace company for ICT and engineering solutions and services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential. With more than 350 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace together – and beyond. Our staff play a key role in determining our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of teamwork.
We are setting up a team of highly qualified IVV engineers to support our customer in the area of PDAP Stations as part of the EPS-SG satellite project. As the operations will start only in some months, this is an unique opportunity to be part of an exciting project from the very beginning and leave your mark ! This position is based at EUMETSAT in Darmstadt. It is full-time and permanent and expected starting date will be as soon as possible.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
In this position you’ll:
- Perform a month long training at our customer’s premises in France getting a hands-on training on the various subsystems
After Training Phase:
Based in EUMETSAT
- Interfacing on-site for the L1 and L2 activities supporting the operations of the PDAP stations
- Investigate anomalies (participating to ARBs/NRBs) and allocate them to the correct subsystem
- Liaise between operations and the factory
- Identify the necessary corrective actions and/or gather all necessary information relevant for problem analysis
- Integrating the systems into the operational environment
- Performing test procedures for validating new features and fix
- Maintain configuration files
- Technical degree in IT or a comparable qualification
- Strong IVV experience (especially proficiency in subsystem integration and bug checking
- Good Linux knowledge
- Scripting: Python, Shell
- RF skills i.e good knowledge of signal processing
- Experience with Ground Station-type equipment
- Some experience in Ground control segments
- Network skills (basic concepts)
- Basic knowledge of VMware (ESXi, vCenter …)
- HW skills (basics)
- Fluency in English
- Team work
Your Benefits of joining us
By joining the Telespazio family, you will enjoy all the benefits of a competitive salary in a sustainable work environment, flexible working time models, diverse advancement and training possibilities for technical, language and soft skills, a generous holiday package as well as a company pension scheme. Furthermore, we support you with your relocation. Through our wide network, we can also support your partner in finding a job at your new work location.
Are you equally inspired by our visions and dreams? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Melanie Giesche.