Telespazio Vega is the first choice aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions & services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential.
We are the first choice European aerospace company for software centric engineering solutions. We combine 40 years of experience in a market, where trust and quality are needed. With more than 350 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace – and beyond – together.
Our staff plays a key role for our success through their qualifications, motivation, passion, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of collaboration in an open international environment living our values; trust, integrity, participation and curiosity.
We are committed crafting a diverse environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We offer a wealth of benefits to support a balanced work life balance, including but not limited to flexible working hours, mobile working and encouraging career development.
We are looking for someone with an excellent understanding of Satellite Mission Operation concepts and software within the European institutional market. The main responsibility as a section head is to build a group of domain experts, that offers a long term career perspective for the staff and a sustainable and growing business for the company!
The focus of this section will be developing, evolving and maintaining systems for Mission Operations within the European institutional market (ESOC, EUMETSAT, DLR, etc). This includes commercial providers who use institutional solutions (EUTELSAT, etc).
As a section head you will be responsible to both manage the section and to take part in project activities (service management, project management, etc) with the allocation being flexible depending on the required focus.
The management activity have three distinct themes
- Business Development. You perform the market analysis and predict the development of the Mission Operation System market for the future years, supported by dedicated sales managers and marketing. Part of this is a close contact to clients to maintain and expand the relationships with the technical decision makers.
- Strategy and Planning. You formulate the vision and strategy of the section with your team, in-line with the overall strategy of the company. The strategy is thereafter translated into a plan of specific actions to be taken and you manage your teams execution of this plan. The aim is long term sustainability for the business.
- Delivery and Team. You are responsible for the deliveries of the projects within your section. This includes resource planning (both allocation and recruitment), monitoring of projects and being the supervisor of the your team.
You are part of the department management team, supporting the daily operations and you will contribute to identifying and implementing the required improvements to implement your strategy. The direct line of reporting will be to the Division Head, but you are encouraged to get involved in any parts of the organization.
The section size is measured in number of staff and should be between 5 and 15. The ultimate measure of your success will be that the section will grow to a size where it will have to be split!
This position is based at our Headquarter in Darmstadt. It is full-time and permanent and expected starting date will be around December 2020.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
- Degree in software engineering or similar
- Excellent technical knowledge in domain of Satellite Mission Operations systems
- Initial network into main customers at technical and management level
- Motivated and driven, flexible and open, with high development potential
- Experience in leading teams
- Good planning skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Outgoing and not afraid of leaving your comfort zone
- Proven track record in strategic planning
- Experience in Project/Service Management
- Experience with Standard Software Systems for institutional European Satellite Mission Operations (i.e. SCOS-2000, EGS-CC)
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Your Benefits of joining us
By joining the Telespazio family, you will enjoy all the benefits of a competitive salary in a sustainable work environment, flexible working time models, diverse advancement and training possibilities for technical, language and soft skills, a generous holiday package as well as a company pension scheme. Furthermore, we support you with your relocation. Through our wide network, we can also support your partner in finding a job at your new work location.
Are you equally inspired by our visions and dreams? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Raphael Rossato.