Telespazio Vega is the first choice aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions & services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential.
We are the first choice European aerospace company for software centric engineering solutions. We combine 40 years of experience in a market, where trust and quality are needed. With more than 350 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace – and beyond – together.
Our staff plays a key role for our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of collaboration in an open international environment living our values; trust, integrity, participation and curiosity.
We are committed crafting a diverse environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We offer a wealth of benefits to support a balanced work life balance, including but not limited to flexible working hours, mobile working and encouraging career development.
You will support a mission-critical payload data ground system providing satellite data products to meteorological services world-wide. You will be part of a small multinational team. You will work in a complex Linux-based environment comprising a large number of powerful, state-of-the-art server and storage systems. You will use and extend your experience on system level (architecture, interfaces, data flows).
We are looking for a degree-educated system engineer to work in a complex satellite data processing system. Our team supports the customer (on-site in Darmstadt) to process and deliver meteorological data to international users: complete, in time and with good quality.
- Performance monitoring and preventive maintenance to ensure continuous, complete and timely production and delivery of the products to the users;
- Anomaly investigation, root cause analysis and Anomaly Reports handling: this will also include providing recommendations for workarounds to mitigate satellite anomalies;
- Support evolution of the software – building, packaging, deployment, integration and testing in test environments and operational environment. Maintenance and update of operational documentations;
- Perform technical analysis of system architecture and specification evolutions or major upgrades of the operational ground systems. Contribute to proposals, and to the IV&V activities for major evolutions of the operational ground systems.
Qualifications / Experience
- Degree in Informatics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Telecommunication or other relevant scientific or engineering area;
- Experience in software development, Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V) of complex systems;
- System-level and component-level experience (complex system architecture with many interfaces, data flows and dependencies) is more relevant than programming experience;
- Experience working in a Linux based environment.
- Able to work in an orderly and disciplined manner, demonstrating analytical approach and attention to detail;
- Working in Linux (RHEL) environment on shell level (bash);
- Network services (SSH, NFS, FTP, HTTP) typical in Linux environments;
- Professional communication, in English language, with customer and other involved parties/teams;
- Configuration Control processes and tools;
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Scripting languages (bash, perl, python);
- Databases (SQL);
- Source code configuration control (Subversion);
- Java / C++ programming language;
- Eclipse IDE knowledge;
- Experience with high-availability systems (RAID disk arrays, network interface bonding, cluster servers);
- Experience with Payload Data Ground Segment systems;
- Knowledge of space and ground system engineering processes, system and software life-cycles and standards.
- After the familiarisation period it is expected that the candidate participates in the rotating on-call duty
Your Benefits of joining us
By joining the Telespazio family, you will enjoy all the benefits of a competitive salary in a sustainable work environment, flexible working time models, diverse advancement and training possibilities for technical, language and soft skills, a generous holiday package as well as a company pension scheme. Furthermore, we support you with your relocation. Through our wide network, we can also support your partner in finding a job at your new work location.
Are you equally inspired by our visions and dreams? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Roopashri Rajasekhar.