Telespazio Vega is the first choice aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions & services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential.
Telespazio VEGA Deutschland is the first choice European aerospace company for ICT and engineering solutions and services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are needed. With more than 350 employees in Germany, we craft the future of aerospace together – and beyond. Our staff plays a key role in resolving our success through their qualifications, motivation, passion, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of teamwork.
We are searching for a Spacecraft Operations Engineer (SOE) with strong software engineering skills and experience to support our customer EUMETSAT, based in Darmstadt. As a full member of our excellent SOE team, you will deliver a state of the art spacecraft operations for the Sentinel-3 constellation. Beside the routine operation of the Sentinel-3 A/B satellites, you will be involved in the preparation and early operations phases of the Sentinel-3 C mission.
Your software engineering skills are key in developing and validating Sentinel-3’s innovative set of operational tools.
As be part of our SOE team working at customer premises enabling fast paced space operations including on-call and call-out phases.
It is full-time and permanent and encouraged starting date will be the earliest October 2020.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
You major role in team are the routine operations of the Sentinel 3A and 3B satellites and the relevant system and/or platform and instrument:
- Maintain the corresponding operations documentation and flight procedures.
- Perform trending and performance analysis on the corresponding subsystems and instruments.
- Investigation into satellite anomalies.
- Participation in satellite on-call support rota.
- Identification and support to the implementation of system and process improvements in the team.
- Develop and validate Sentinel-3’s innovative set of operational tools.
- Support the systems and operations preparation of the Sentinel-3 C satellite.
- You hold a Master’s degree in Aerospace Engineering or any other related area.
- You have 2 years (or more) of experience working in satellite operations and operations preparation.
- You have proven experience in software engineering, in particular Python.
- You are familiar with satellite mission controls systems for LEO satellite systems, especially SCOS-2000.
- Last, but not least your experience in Earth Observation Missions will be a huge plus!
- Software engineering expertise (Python, Django, relational databases).
- Satellite operations expertise.
- Experience with system and operational concepts.
- Experience with mission control systems, especially SCOS-2000.
- Familiarity with On-Board Control Procedures and On-Board Scheduler concepts.
- Be passionate about working in a dynamic work environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Negotiation level proficiency in English.
Your Benefits of joining us
By joining the Telespazio family, you will enjoy all the benefits of a competitive salary in a balanced work environment, flexible working time models, diverse advancement and training possibilities for technical, language and soft skills, a generous holiday package as well as a company pension scheme. Furthermore, we support you with your relocation. Through our wide network, we can also support your partner in finding a job at your new work location.
Are you equally passionate about our visions and dreams? We’d love to hear from you today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Melanie Giesche.