Telespazio VEGA Deutschland is the first choice European aerospace company for ICT and engineering solutions and services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are needed. With more than 350 employees in Germany, we craft the future of aerospace together – and beyond. Our staff plays a key role in ensuring our success through their qualifications, motivation, passion, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of teamwork.
We are complementing our Earth Observation Mission Operations team with additional engineering support, delivering services to ESA/ESOC for the EarthCARE, Aeolus, BIOMASS and FLEX Missions. Therefore, we require Spacecraft Operations Engineers (SOEs) with Spacecraft subsystem knowledge (Data Handling/OBSM/AOCS/Power/Thermal) and experience in activities applicable to spacecraft operations. Depending on the mission, we need several SOEs with a wide range of operational experience.
As a member of our SOE team working on-site at the European Spacecraft Operations Centre (ESOC), you will be directly involved in the preparation of and eventual operation of high-technology space missions.
The positions are all full-time, permanent and starting from mid-January 2021 through to early 2022. The team will nominally be located at ESOC in Darmstadt, Germany.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
The general activities, which have to be performed by the SOEs, are familiarisation with the mission, the project specific characteristics and Ground Segment Documentation.
- You will participate in the Analysis and Design of Satellite Operations, prepare and validate Flight Control and Contingency Procedures, as well as support a Mission Management and Mission Planning Service.
- Support to the Mission Control System evolution and testing and participation in the team Training Programme and performing Mission Critical Operations should be expected.
- In delivering our Flight Control Support Service and performing an analysis of the Spacecraft Performance, you will be part of an outstanding Flight Control Team.
Who you are
- You hold a University degree or equivalent education in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Telecommunications Engineering.
- You have 2 years (or more) of experience working in satellite operations and operations preparation.
- Last, but not least your experience in Earth Observation Missions and Satellite Control Centres will be a huge plus!
- Experience in activities applicable to spacecraft operations, specifically Platform knowledge, such as Data Handling, OBSM, AOCS, Power & Thermal subsystems and Payload operations.
- Proficiency in English, both in speech and writing is expected, as is a team-player mentality and at the same time displaying the ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with operational simulators, especially the ones based on SimSat and with satellite control systems, in particular SCOS-2000, would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in the generation of Flight Procedures and validation, Satellite Verification Test planning & execution and participation in LEOPs will also be a strong asset.
- Some experience dealing with external interfaces, e.g. Project, Industry, PDGS, etc. and familiarity with MOIS, or a similar procedure generation tool.
- Specifically for the BIOMASS mission, experience with the AS250 Platform and for the FLEX mission, with the Proteus Platform would be distinct advantage.
Further Details/ Requirements
A citizenship of a EU country, Norway or a permanent stay in EU for more than 5 years is necessary.
Your Benefits of joining us
By joining the Telespazio family, you will enjoy all the benefits of a competitive salary in a balanced work environment, flexible working time models, diverse advancement and training possibilities for technical, language and soft skills, a generous holiday package as well as a company pension scheme. Furthermore, we support you with your relocation. Through our wide network, we can also support your partner in finding a job at your new work location.
Are you equally passionate about our visions and dreams? We’d love to hear from you today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Melanie Giesche.