We are the first choice European aerospace company for software centric engineering solutions. We combine 40 years of experience in a market, where trust and quality are needed. With more than 350 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace – and beyond - together.
We are the first choice European aerospace company for software centric engineering solutions. We combine 40 years of experience in a market, where trust and quality are needed. With more than 350 employees in Germany, we craft the future of aerospace – and beyond – together.
Our staff plays a key role for our success through their qualifications, motivation, passion, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of collaboration in an open international environment living our values; trust, integrity, participation and curiosity.
We are committed to crafting a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We offer a wealth of benefits to support a balanced work life balance and encouraging career development.
This position is based at ESOC in Darmstadt. It is full-time and permanent and expected starting date will be immediately.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
We are supporting the European Space Agency with highly qualified services at the European Operations Control Centre (ESOC) in Darmstadt. For a new service position within the area of Earth Observation Data Systems we are searching for a Data System Management (DSM) engineer to complement our international service team!
You will support and provide services related to Mission Data Systems (MDS), which include Mission Control System, Mission Planning System, Operational Simulators, Service Provision Data Centre and Advanced Software Applications, whilst the required focus will be on Mission Control Systems.
Among others, the activities include:
- Development and Maintenance of MDS (Mission Data Systems)
- Specification and management of software requirements
- Contractual and technical preparation for new MDS projects
- Running MDS software development and maintenance projects
- Support the deployment, testing, configuration of MDS
- Support to Mission’s critical activities
- Organisation of software support (SWS) on-site & environment preparation
- Act as a role of Software Coordinator in the Flight Control Team
- Support to missions during the whole lifetime
Further tasks are:
- Assume the data system architect role for special projects
- Support to study, innovation and standardisation
- Prepare proposals
- Run approved studies or innovation works
- Analyse root causes of issues and provide corrective actions
- Evaluate new tools and techniques to drive efficiencies
- Manage cloud infrastructure services and accounts
- Keep evolving system and application monitoring infrastructure
- Detailed information on the missions and the activities of ESOC can be found on www.esa.int;
- University degree in a relevant engineering field, computer engineering, physics or equivalent with high grades.
The ideal candidate we are looking for contributes to our service team with the following characteristics:
- Proven expertise with ESOC Data System Infrastructure products (e.g. MICONYS Software Suite, SCOS-2000, EGS-CC, EGOS MPS, SIMSAT)
- knowledge of applicable engineering and quality standards
- Experience in project management and software engineering
- A high sense of operational responsibility and good communication skills
- Aspiration to take operational responsibility in multi-discipline teams
- Ability to work independently, openness and reliability
- Capability to collaborate with several different areas/people in ESOC
- Capability to establish and maintain good working relationship with all partners within ESOC and industry
- Proficiency in English, both in speech and writing
Additional desirable skills are
- Knowledge of ESOC operational environment
- Experience with C++/Java, knowledge of Unix/Linux, Python and scripting languages
- Expertise with requirements and test management tools DOORS and HPQC
Your Benefits of joining us
By joining the Telespazio family, you will enjoy all the benefits of a competitive salary in a sustainable work environment, flexible working time models, diverse advancement and training possibilities for technical, language and soft skills, a generous holiday package as well as a company pension scheme. Furthermore, we support you with your relocation. Through our wide network, we can also support your partner in finding a job at your new work location.
Are you equally inspired by our visions and dreams? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!