Telespazio Vega is the first choice aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions & services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential.
We are the first choice European aerospace company for software centric engineering solutions. We combine 40 years of experience in a market, where trust and quality are needed. With more than 350 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace – and beyond – together.
Our staff plays a key role for our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of collaboration in an open international environment living our values; trust, integrity, participation and curiosity.
We are committed to crafting a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We offer a wealth of benefits to support a healthy work life balance, including but not limited to flexible working hours, mobile working and encouraging career development.
Our customer, Deutsche Flugsicherung (DFS) wishes to develop a Thin Client OS prototype. This prototype will support various protocols (e.g. HTTP/HTTPS, x11, NX, VNC, RDP). Automated installation and rollout processes are to be developed, to work with different hardware types. Furthermore, the corresponding test environment must also be developed. We are looking for an experienced engineer who will make this prototype happen!
The position is located at the customer site in Langen. Successful candidates will be able to take responsibility for their work and be self-reliant, as well as being a team player with good communication skills. Play your part in building tomorrow’s ATC systems!
It is full-time and permanent and expected starting date will be around August 2020.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
- A university degree in aerospace, informatics, mathematics, physics or equivalent
- Very good Linux systems know-how (primarily CentOS, Debian)
- Very good knowledge of software configuration management tools
- Very good knowledge of the network protocols employed
- Very good Linux system know-how (CentOS, Debian)
- Proven experience of crafting shell scripts
- Strong experience of the tools Ansible, Puppet & Co.
- Good knowledge of the protocols and technologies to be used in prototype (as a minimum HTTP/HTTPS, x11, NX, VNC, RDP)
- Knowledge of the ticketing system Jira (Atlassian)
- Good solid understanding of git
- A good command of the English and German languages is needed, both spoken and written
- MySQL, MariaDB
- Python would be a useful asset in this role
- ISO/IEC 12207 “Standard for Information Technology” for software development
- Software development based on the V-Model
- Knowledge of ATM/ATC systems seen as a plus point
Your Benefits of joining us
By joining the Telespazio family, you will enjoy all the benefits of a competitive salary in a sustainable work environment, flexible working time models, diverse advancement and training possibilities for technical, language and soft skills, a generous holiday package as well as a company pension scheme. Furthermore, we support you with your relocation. Through our wide network, we can also support your partner in finding a job at your new work location.
Are you equally inspired by our visions and dreams? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Raphael Rossato.