Telespazio Vega is the first choice aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions & services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential.
Telespazio VEGA Deutschland is the first choice European aerospace company for ICT and engineering solutions and services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential. With more than 350 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace together – and beyond. Our staff play a key role in determining our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of teamwork.
We are looking to strengthen our team working in prestigious Columbus project (the Human Spaceflight project of ESA), delivering cutting edge service to our customer based in Oberpfaffenhofen near Munich with a talented and ambitious team member. If you have an eye for detail and love working in a dynamic and challenging workplace, then this could be your opportunity. The key task of the job is to be able to support our subsystem engineering team in the area of IP based communication System but will require, for a well rounded knowhow of the project, some on-console (16X5 i.e no night shift or shift on weekends) as Columbus System Controller.
It is full-time and permanent and expected starting date will be as soon as possible.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
The job offer an eclectic mix of Operations and Engineering tasks and will evolve as below:
Certification as Columbus System Controller:
- Certifying for the Ground system operations support for Spacecraft mission in shift (16X5)and off line set-up
- Supporting scheduled simulations and test operations
Upon certification as Columbus System Controller, the key activities will be:
- Start training with the Columbus Subsystem Engineer in state of the art communication systems for ISS operations and beyond with focus on innovative technologies such as IP communication
- Providing System Controller on-console support
- Work closely with the subsystem engineers to ensure that any service changes are correctly implemented and documented
After gaining satisfactory experience in Subsystem Engineering:
- Provide support to our Engineering teams in their daily tasks in installation, testing, integration and operational maintenance as per the requirement of the project
- System Controller On-console support
- On-call support (rare)
- Technical degree in IT or a comparable qualification
- Working knowledge of Network technology, TCP/IP
- Good Linux knowledge
- Some experience in virtualized network (based on VMware etc.) will be useful
- Fluency in German Language will be a plus
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Go getter attitude
- TCP/IP Coding
- Some knowledge of commonly used scripting language such as Python etc.
Your Benefits of joining us
By joining the Telespazio family, you will enjoy all the benefits of a competitive salary in a sustainable work environment, flexible working time models, diverse advancement and training possibilities for technical, language and soft skills, a generous holiday package as well as a company pension scheme. Furthermore, we support you with your relocation. Through our wide network, we can also support your partner in finding a job at your new work location.
Are you equally inspired by our visions and dreams? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Melanie Giesche.