Telespazio VEGA Deutschland is the first choice European aerospace company for ICT and engineering solutions and services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential. With more than 350 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace together – and beyond. Our staff play a key role in determining our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of teamwork.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
This position is based at DLR in Oberpfaffenhofen. It is full-time and permanent and it starts in August or earlier.
You will be part of our truly innovative and vibrant Subsystem Engineering group working at customer premises enabling fast-paced space operations. As part of this team, you will be engaged in exciting and challenging projects with our existing customers working with large European space projects in Greater Munich area.
This role will include, but will not be limited to the following responsibilities:
- Installation, integration and verification of components of the ground segment (i.e. systems that support the routine operations of a control centre and its connectivity)
- Pro-actively coming up with design upgrade recommendations, troubleshooting hardware and performance issues, provisioning, audit reporting, and patch management for all systems
- Analyze the System infrastructure and provide optimal availability, performance
- Attend design, integration and verification meetings; review anomalies and work towards their resolution
- Communicate effectively both orally and written with customers, stakeholders, and technical specialists
- Backup other colleagues in the team
- Create internal processes for activities in this domain and set up training plans for new starters
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or telecommunications or any other related field
- 5 years of working experience in Networks and Linux based large computer systems
- Experience in a VMWare based environment is highly regarded
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Due to the requirements of a security clearance up to Secret, only nationals of a Member State of the European Union or Norway will be eligible.
- Independent and analytical mindset
- Solve issues in a high-pressure environment
- Experience with other technologies such as server administration or Networking technologies
- Able to work effectively with other groups and teams outside Storage team
- Experience working in aerospace system will be a plus
- Though not a must, German Language skills both written and spoken will be appreciated
Your Benefits of joining us
By joining the Telespazio family, you will enjoy all the benefits of a competitive salary in a sustainable work environment, flexible working time models, diverse advancement and training possibilities for technical, language and soft skills, a generous holiday package as well as a company pension scheme. Furthermore, we support you with your relocation. Through our wide network, we can also support your partner in finding a job at your new work location.
Are you equally inspired by our visions and dreams? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Melanie Giesche.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need clarifications that can help you make your mind to apply for this rewarding position.