Telespazio Vega is the first choice aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions & services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Radio Navigation Engineer to join the Telespazio VEGA UK team, working on customer premises, with a focus on Ground and User segments’ technology.
To provide support to the Navigation Project teams, specifically design, testing and verification of Radio Navigation equipment and simulation tools.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate will be involved in the design and analysis of radio navigation systems, the detailed specific tasks include:
- Supporting the monitoring of industrial contracts for the development of professional and commercial ground/user products for radio navigation and earth observation through ESA’s co-funded R&D programs;
- Supporting Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO), R&D and Testing activities in the fields of system and mainly receivers’ performances for sensor stations and user receivers;
- Support to TEC Navigation Laboratory for the design, implementation and operation of complex testing setups.
Candidates must be EU citizens, eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in the fields of Telecommunications and Signal Processing, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science or other related discipline.
- Experience within telecommunications, signal processing or electronic engineering with a focus within either GNSS or Earth Observation.
- Specific knowledge on Satellite Radio Navigation Systems, ranging and positioning techniques and technologies, including architectures of multi-GNSS receivers, high accuracy positioning (RTK, PPP) and robust positioning, navigation and timing;
- Experience in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications.
- Additional experience with one, or more, of the following:
- Proven knowledge and hands-on experience on processing and testing techniques for multi-element antennas (beamforming, antenna calibration);
- Experience in the field of autonomous vehicles, in particular related to positioning and testing techniques and safety standards;
- Knowledge on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and their applications to radio navigation and/or earth observation.
- Good English language skills
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Able to manage and coordinate complex technical discussions with diverse groups to achieve target goals within a compressed time
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.