Telespazio Vega is the first choice aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions & services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential.
We are looking for an Earth Observation (EO) Software Architect to support pivotal project work over the coming months and years, as well as offering the chance to support with bid and proposal writing to shape future projects.Telespazio UK is part of a company containing over 2500 people working in the growing field of Space Systems and operations and Geo-Information. Telespazio is majority owned by Leonardo, one of the UK’s largest defence, aerospace and security companies. Telespazio is looking to fill a diverse and critical role to support our broad Space systems architecture work covering missions across UK and European, in civil and defence.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Software Architect
- System Design Authority – responsible for the design of EO data storage, processing and exploitation systems
- Plan and execute Integration and Test campaigns
- Production of documents (technical and also development plans)
- Preparation and participation in technical reviews
- Preparation of proposals to win new work including:
- Understanding of the technical requirements and the context within the overall project scope.
- Specification of the solution, trading off alternatives
- Writing clear, concise, technical proposals to express the solution and its benefits to the client
- Software Development
- On occasion the role can require hands-on software development support to projects (e.g. coding of critical areas, code review, prototyping/validating approaches & frameworks to be adopted).
Qualifications & Experience
- University Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or related discipline with software modules. The candidate should also have around 10 years commercial experience of software development, preferably in a geospatial domain
- Requirements analysis
- Software system design using modern architectures
- Configuration management (Git source code control)
- Agile software development methodology
- Linux development
- Resource Oriented Architecture Development (REST)
- User Identification, Authentication and Authorisation (e.g. SAML, OAUTH, OIDC)
- Continuous integration/deployment environments (e.g. Jenkins)
- Virtualisation / cloud based computing
- Containers and Orchestration (e.g. Docker/Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of earth observation data types, exploitation platforms and processing
- Knowledge of OGC Standards (e.g. WPS, WMS, WFS, WCS)
- Technical proposal writing
- Integration and Test
- Big Data Processing & Frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Big Data Databases (e.g. HDFS, other non-SQL)
- Scripting (e.g. shell, perl, python)
- Strong written and oral communication
- Team player, open and keen to contribute
- Conscientious, hard working
- Attention to detail
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.