Telespazio Vega is the first choice aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions & services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential.
An opportunity for an experienced telecommunications or signal processing engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK in the D/TEC Directorate.
The purpose of the role is provide support to Agency projects and programs in the area of Security with a focus on telecommunications.
The successful candidate can expect to be involved in the following:
- System security analysis, design and associated tools: covering all aspects related to the analysis and design of the security of the end to end system, including concepts, architecture, ground, space and hybrid ground/space systems and sub-systems, methodologies, standards and all associated tools for simulations and analysis.
- System security requirements definition and implementation, vulnerability and threat assessment, security engineering process lifecycle;
- Security technology, techniques design, and prototyping: covering all technologies related to the implementation of security, InfoSEC, COMSEC, CyberSec, Appsec engineering;
- Security accreditation and certification methodologies and processes. Security requirements derivation, design, implementation and verification from an accreditation perspective. Project Risk analysis and assessment, supporting toolsets, accreditation processes and methodologies, security standards;
- Specific RF security technologies, e.g. telecom security techniques and technologies, secure TT&C and PDT links, radio navigation security technology, RF system security etc.
- Provide support to projects for the implementation of security inside the systems, perform/support end to end security engineering, follow up security elements requirements derivation, design, implementation and verification;
- Support awareness and training campaign on security process/policies and procedures;
- Contribute to the Agency’s R&D strategy and research programs elaboration and implementation;
- Support to standardisation bodies in the field of competence.
Provide support to project Infosec/Cyber security and accreditation engineering, such as:
- To perform/support project security risk analysis, vulnerability assessment during the life cycle of the project;
- To define specific project security, certification and accreditation security requirements (HL SSRS /SISRS/Secops);
- Provide support to projects and TEC for the implementation of the security directives policy, roles and functions (PSSO, etc.) such as to:
- Support and act as competent PSSO/ISO/SOZ5 and other security roles as for the ESA Security Regulation;
- University Master’s degree, or equivalent, in telecommunications and signal processing or electronic engineering or related field.
- Specific knowledge in the security engineering.
- Knowledge of space and ground systems architecture.
Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule;
- Experience in an international team.
- Fluency in English.
- Candidate should also possess very good interpersonal skills, be well-organised, pro-active, self-motivated and able to work effectively in a matrix structure.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter
By sending your CV, you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
Competitive Package, covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.