Telespazio Vega is the first choice aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions & services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential.
An opportunity for an application engineer to work for Telespazio VEGA UK , on-site at ECSAT (UK) in the ESA Integrated and Telecommunications-related Applications (TIA) Department.
To support the development and promotion of new applications and services for space technology.
The TIA Department is responsible for the promotion of Advanced Research in Telecommunications Systems (ARTES) applications and services and the development of new applications and services within the ARTES applications domain.
The engineer’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Identification and characterisation of new services and applications exploiting current and next generation of space systems (eg. Satcom, Earth Observation and Satellite Navigation) and their integration in non-space domains;
- Assessment of the technical and operational requirements applicable to space based applications and their integration with terrestrial solutions to support the identified services and applications in an end-to-end context;
- Evaluating proposals for, and managing ongoing work on, upcoming industry collaborations, studies and projects, including technical and commercial aspects;
- Development and implementation of methodologies and tools for the assessment of end-to-end performance of multimedia applications;
- Analysis and assessment of the business and regulatory aspects associated with the launch and commercial operations of satellite based applications and services;
- Implement activities with industry, operators, application providers and user communities addressed to develop, validate and promote the utilisation of space based assets;
- Initiate new activities and studies within your area of responsibility;
- Support the preparation of tenders;
- Coordinate support provided by other ESA Directorates;
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s degree in satellite communication, satellite navigation or remote sensing;
- Significant experience in satellite and possibly in terrestrial systems requirements analysis, design, implementation and operations, and associated management experience;
- Sound knowledge of the overall space applications market, and specific experience in specifying, developing, evaluating and promoting applications making use of satellites
- Familiarity with downstream space services and applications and with relevant space technologies (i.e. satellite communications, navigation and earth observation);
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Excellent analytical skills;
- High standard of document drafting;
- Ability to work effectively both within a small team and in an autonomous way.
- Willing to travel to ESA establishments and/or other European locations;
- Must be Comfortable in an international working environment;
- Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.