Telespazio Vega is the first choice aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions & services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential.
A fantastic opportunity has emerged at Telespazio VEGA UK. Embark on a path to success with the newly launched COSMO-SkyMed 2nd Generation of Satellites & leverage mature Geo Information (GI) product offering from our Telespazio, e-GEOS and GAF international group of subsidiaries.
As a leading Space and Geo Information company in the UK, Telespazio VEGA UK is looking for an enthusiastic, pro-active, adaptable and driven individual to be part of the UK growth story.
If you are already active in a similar sales role & seek a new challenge with short-, medium- and long-term prospects, or looking to move into a Geo Information commercially focused role from a related technical domain… then we actively encourage you to get in touch
Work with a passionate, supportive and motivated team comprising a mixture of commercial and technical individuals to build and manage a pipeline of Geo Information (GI) sales opportunities through the complex sales lifecycle and up to successful contract award. These opportunities shall primarily lie within the scope of the Geo Information Line of Business but may also fall in into Satellite Systems and Operations.
Reporting to the Head of Geo Information Marketing and Sales, the Geo Information Marketing & Sales Manager shall be required to source, nurture, manage and own activities including: prospecting; user engagement and reporting; market testing; market analysis; leading and influencing key internal stakeholders; drafting and sub-editing reports and proposals; and coordinating PQQ, RFI, RFP & ITT submissions
Working across the UK, with regular time in Telespazio VEGA UK’s Luton head office, as well as Leonardo/Telespazio Meeting Rooms in Westminster, key responsibilities shall include:
- Translating and articulating our capabilities, the values & benefits of solutions to prospective and existing clients;
- Delivering efficient & effective sales, marketing and bid management for GI products to ensure Order Intake objectives are met, and compliant with the Group’s strategy & targets;
- Developing prospective opportunities within existing clients particularly within vertical sectors such as Transport, Utilities and Energy, Oil, Gas and Mining, Environment and Maritime;
- Developing new leads and prospects particularly within the Data Sales market, Defence & Intelligence markets and emerging Big Data markets;
- Supporting colleagues throughout the Group to maximise Telespazio VEGA UK’s position on UK Government Geo Information programmes;
- Taking responsibility for the complete Sales cycle from prospect identification to contract signature;
- Assisting in defining marketing campaigns and the creation of digital media content and be a key participant in marketing events;
- Maintaining a close relationship with UK Space Agency and Satellite Applications Catapult staff in order to promote Telespazio VEGA UK capabilities and influence policy in the Geo Information domain;
- Working closely with the Head of Geo Information Marketing & Sales and wider Marketing & Sales function, and when required deputise on their behalf;
- Helping to guide the tailoring of solutions to meet customer needs, and provide market-driven insight into the opportunity & proposal development;
- Travel within the UK and overseas as required.
- A Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Geo Information, Earth Sciences, Engineering or related subject;
- Strong experience of interacting and effectively influencing key stakeholders in either a sales or technical capacity, both in verbal and written forms;
- Commercially astute with excellent numeracy skills, ability to efficiently synthesize 3rd party information make recommendations, and confidently present to and/or chair large group settings;
- Knowledge of, and ability to convey, Geo Information industry concepts (either Satellite Earth Observation, Remote Sensing and/or GIS);
- Knowledge of, and ability to convey, ‘Big Data’ concepts & analytics including Machine Learning (ML) & Deep Learning (DL) principles
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and convey simplified analysis effectively;
- Customer centric disposition with an ability to anticipate, prepare and deliver against likely conversational scenarios;
- Exceptionally strong communication skills – persuasiveness and commercially focused in both written and verbal forms;
- Excellent analytical skills
- Calm yet energized; organized and adaptable; detailed yet succinct; efficient coupled with a quality focus;
- Proactive and positive individual who can work confidently both autonomously and effectively as part of a team – taking initiative independently when required and convening as a group where consensus is needed
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
Job Requisition ID 763