ur mission is to transform how people’s journeys are planned, operated and accounted for. Using big data and advanced machine learning to arrive at transformative insight, we help our customers to create sustainable mobility solutions that work for everyone, now and in the future. For more information, visit www.teralytics.net.
The better we understand the way humans move around the planet, the better we can build cities, mobility services and transportation systems to meet our needs.
Rapid urbanization is challenging today’s cities and our environment. Ride-sharing is changing our streets. Self-driving cars and the Internet of Things are a reality today. The way we travel within and between cities is evolving. To keep up with the pace of change, it is vital for cities, transportation operators, car manufacturers and ride-sharing companies to gain comprehensive knowledge on how we move.
Teralytics offers the most advanced insights on human mobility based on cutting edge data science, proprietary machine learning algorithms and deep technology, capturing billions of signals every day from cell towers and other unique sources.
Teralytics works with leading telecom companies and data partners around the globe to capture information about people’s geographical locations, movement habits and demographics; all completely anonymized and aggregated. We believe in unlocking the power of data to change the cities we live in, solve real-world business problems, enhance people’s lives, and ultimately benefit the world.
The Frontend Engineering team is one of the engineering pillars in Teralytics. The team is responsible for building interactive web applications and data visualizations that present insights from our aggregated and anonymized data on human mobility to customers in an easily understandable, visually appealing and engaging manner.
Located in Portugal, you will play a central role in the development of these applications. More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Taking ownership of our web applications and shaping their future direction and architecture in close collaboration with product managers and designers
- Developing new features, components and experiences for our web applications in close collaboration with our data visualisation specialists, designers, data scientists and backend engineers
- Mocking up and prototyping new functionality, visualizations and applications
- Designing and developing internal applications in close collaboration with data scientists and backend engineers
- Working with our reliability engineers for efficient deployment of web applications
- Coaching and growing a team of Frontend Engineers distributed across multiple geographies
We like working with modern browsers and technologies. Our tech stack includes tools such as: React, TypeScript, Node.js, D3, SVG, Canvas, WebGL, webpack, PostgreSQL, ClickHouse, Docker, Kubernetes.
As strong believers in open-source we contribute to the community by releasing some of our work as open source projects.
- Professional experience in building web applications with great UI/UX using state-of-the-art technologies, with a demonstrable portfolio
- Experience with modern frontend development stacks
- Know-how in scalable frontend development architectures
- Natural propensity in mentoring and developing individuals for increased efficiency
- Experience setting and leading to results-oriented metrics, organizational and time management skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, proficiency in English
- Leadership experience leading a geographically distributed engineering team
- Experience with React, TypeScript, D3 and Node.js
- Experience with geospatial data, web mapping and geographic visualization
- Experience with 2D/3D graphics in the browser (SVG, Canvas, WebGL)
- Experience with functional programming concepts
- Proactive, demonstrate passion for the product/topic, technologies, ability to thrive under pressure, open to learning and feedback
What we offer
We offer the chance to be part of an exciting and ambitious start-up that puts its people at the heart of its business. Be part of a diverse, international, cross-disciplinary team of highly motivated, hands-on experts that tackle unique challenges with a positive spirit and lots of fun.
We offer a flexible work schedule, additional company holidays, and career development programs.
What to expect
Teralytics is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.