The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aero-structures for the aircraft industry. Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, France, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore, and the U.S.
Terma specializes in providing mission-critical solutions for the defense and aerospace industry. Our core purpose is to deliver security for countries, allies, and individuals. We operate across various sectors, with security being a central focus. Our advanced technologies are designed to ensure the safety of people during both peaceful and conflict situations. Our systems offer security on land, at sea, and in the air. Terma places a strong emphasis on diversity, fostering an environment that brings together individuals with different cultural and professional backgrounds who are passionate about what they do.
Your new role
- Joining a highly dynamic development team, you will assume the lead System Architect engineer position in SDR (Software Defined Radio) development projects.
- Overseeing SDR code review, SDR coding tasks, and coordination of assigned experts.
- Additionally, you will play a vital role in solution architecture and maintaining it in line with the product line manager’s definition and project-specific requirements.
- As a key member of the team, your expertise in RF technology and RF measurements for satellite radio bands will be crucial.
- You will be responsible for the full delivery life cycle, from customer requirements to customer acceptance and warranty for test systems for satellite RF-subsystems.
Your responsibilities will cover:
- Managing international internal and external stakeholders.
- Management of project-specific requirements and necessary adaptations to the base architecture.
- Contribution to project-specific solutions, including design, coding, system testing, and documentation.
- Test systems for satellite RF-subsystems and SDR development projects.
- Implementation of a solution architecture as a common basis for project-specific adaptations.
- Cooperation with other project departments, such as PM and QA.
- Adherence to relevant industry quality standards.
- Support for the product line manager in defining the solution road map.
- Generating new ideas for future products and new markets.
- Writing scientific papers and representing the company at expert conferences.
- Writing scientific proposals for future products to relevant parties.
- Proficiency in digital signal processing and software-defined radio.
- Expertise in RF technology and RF measurements for satellite radio bands.
- Knowledge of RF measurement techniques and equipment.
- Familiarity with the CCSDS standard.
- Strong C++ coding skills, along with experience in Linux and bash scripting.
- Understanding of integration concepts for industry-grade solutions.
- Familiarity with test automation principles and best practices.
- Proficiency in English.
- Several years of related industry experience, preferably in the space domain.
- Knowledge of Pothosware and GNU Radio.
- Experience as a system/solution architect for related industry solutions.
- Exposure to RF Satellite Test-Systems or similar RF systems.
- Previous involvement in team and stakeholder management.
- Demonstrated ownership and responsibility.
- Resilience and social competence for effective stakeholder interactions.
- Leadership qualities and ability to work in an intercultural environment.
- Analytical and solution-oriented mindset.
- This is a full time position in Austria with reference to our office in Vienna, remote work possible (max. 50%)
- Please note that applicants must be able to obtain a security clearance. This means e.g., that you must have lived in a NATO/EU country for the past 7 years, interrupted only by short stays abroad.
We are an international company representing world class expertise, delivering complex and high-tech products. We value our colleagues and our meaningful contributions to securing people through advanced technology. During your onboarding in Terma you can expect a thorough introduction and training in our systems and processes, as well as a strong focus on teaching you useful new competences and further strengthening current ones, both professionally and personally. Our company culture is autonomous and engaging, and we acknowledge the importance of flexibility in a great working environment. On our different locations, we offer various social activities to bring all our colleagues together.
For further information, please contact Raluca Moise,