ALLIES IN INNOVATION
For our customer, EUMETSAT in Darmstadt, Germany, we are seeking a Hardware Technician for the ICT division.
The ICT Division (Information and Communication Technology) is developing, maintaining and operating the EUMETSAT Office Computing Infrastructure running technical, scientific, administrative and desktop applications and providing support to the around 1100 users of these systems. The users are mainly present on-site but partially also work from remote.
The Service Desk team act as interface between EUMETSAT employees and several divisions providing services to employees and various contractors. It is responsible of solving Service Desk tickets related to ICT Services as well as distributing non-ICT related Service Desk tickets to the related service managers. In addition, it is providing several ICT services and is responsible for the distribution and maintenance of end user hardware like notebooks, desktops, screens, phones, etc.
Your tasks will typically include but are not limited to:
- Managing the on-site stock (storing / retrieving equipment, informing the Technical Officer about shortage of items in stock,…)
- Maintaining the inventory records in SAP
- Replacement of screens as well as Notebooks and PCs, including the installation of notebooks and PCs
- End-user support in general, and support in identifying, repairing and replacing failed hardware components on PC and notebooks, as well as dealing with hardware driver installations
- Support of Meeting room infrastructure like discussion systems
- This is a full-time position to be located at EUMETSAT’s premises in Darmstadt, Germany with an expected start date December 2021 or ASAP thereafter.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Min. 5 years of experience of hands-on experience with the maintenance and end-user support of Technologies like:
- HP/DELL desktops, notebooks
- Konika Minolta printer
- MS Office applications
- Experience in working with Atlassian JIRA Service Desk Tool
- Customer focus and service orientation
- Highly effective interpersonal skills dealing with demanding customer under high workload
- Certification for the maintenance of HP/DELL desktops and notebooks
- Knowledge of, and experience in, installing and troubleshooting structured cabling systems and networking hardware
- Experience in performing inventory and stock management
- Knowledge of managing inventory repositories especially in SAP
The following would be considered a plus:
- Structured, ISO 9000 certified and/or ITIL based information technology service organisation
What can Terma offer
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
- Great opportunities for training and personal development
- Challenges in advanced technical environment
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
- An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
- Highly competitive salary