ALLIES IN INNOVATION
SERVICE DESK ENGINEER
For our customer, EUMETSAT in Darmstadt, Germany, we are seeking talented Service Desk Engineers for the ICT division.
The ICT Division (Information and Communication Technology) is developing, maintaining and operating the EUMETSAT Office Computing Infrastructure running technical, scientific, administrative and desktop applications and providing support to the around 1100 users of these systems. The users are mainly present on-site but partially also work from remote.
The Service Desk team act as interface between EUMETSAT employees and several divisions providing services to employees and various contractors. It is responsible of solving Service Desk tickets related to ICT Services as well as distributing non-ICT related Service Desk tickets to the related service managers. In addition, it is providing several ICT services and is responsible for the distribution and maintenance of end user hardware like notebooks, desktops, screens, phones, etc.
Your tasks will typically include but are not limited to:
- 1st and 2nd line support including the analysis, categorization and solving of tickets on both the hardware (e.g.: notebooks, desktops, screens etc.) and software (e.g.: MS Windows 10, MS Office 2013 (incl. Visio and Project) side, Adobe Acrobat etc.)
- Technical support for onsite meetings for all (16 currently) meeting rooms
- Technical support to users in the use of the web conferencing tools
- Support for the fixed phone and mobile phone maintenance
- User account administration including the maintenance, deletion, creation of user accounts
This is a full-time position to be located at EUMETSAT’s premises in Darmstadt, Germany with an expected start date December 2021 or ASAP thereafter.
Qualifications & Competencies
We are looking to build a team of service desk engineers for the ICT division. Therefore, each member of the team shall be able to cover as many of the below requirements.
Essential skills (the team needs to cover):
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in the troubleshooting of as many of the following ICT software as possible:
- MS Windows 10
- MS Office (incl. Visio and Project)
- MS Edge and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience in the installation and maintenance of mobile computing solutions (e.g. VPN access, Notebooks, Remote Access, iPhones, WebEx)
- Knowledge of Outlook configuration and administration and troubleshooting in an MS exchange environment
- Experience in working with Atlassian JIRA Service Desk Tool
- Experience in performing user administration in MS Active Directory and MS Exchange
- Experience in using Microsoft Management Console
- Customer focus and service orientation
- Highly effective interpersonal skills dealing with demanding customer under high workload
- Experience in hardware installation, maintenance and troubleshooting (desktop PC, notebooks, network printers, scanners);
- Experience in a structured, ISO 9000 certified and/or ITIL based information technology service environment
- Professional certification as MCP Windows 10 or any other professional certifications (e.g. MCP – MS Office, etc).
- Experience in using software distribution systems (MS SCCM)
- Experience in providing support for Document Management Software
What can Terma offer
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
- Great opportunities for training and personal development
- Challenges in advanced technical environment
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
- An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
- Highly competitive salary