The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aero-structures for the aircraft industry. Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, France, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore, and the U.S.
- Are you as enthusiastic for quality in software development as we are – combined with knowledge on how to work closely with software developers?
- And do you want to improve on the software which makes the world a safer place while securing people through advanced technology?
- And do you want to be challenged and mentored to grow, to develop your skills and yourself even more in complex domain within the defense industry?
After 3 x easy “Yes’” – please read on (or get in touch to know more).
As a test engineer in a software world, you will collect and refine knowledge and take ownership of the functionality and quality within your area – as well as being an important sparring partner for your colleagues in and outside the team.
Just like the best soft-ice comes with different toppings, so do specialties within software testing in our areas – what will be your favorite this summer?
- A heavy focus on automation – think and act as a strong developer when you write the best Python code in a Squish environment to test functionality and find bugs immediately?
- Or be a team tester for our software flagship – discuss what to expect in real life and validate defense scenarios, critical changes as well as challenge the team on how to test?
- Or take on product quality ownership in a new smaller team – working closely together, learn from each other and renew and lift the product together as a team?
All comes with great support from the surrounding software developers, system engineers, other software testers, the TestManagement group as well as the other technical experts we have – all who gladly share their vast knowledge.
In your daily work you will do continuous verification of new functionality developed by the team(s), while supporting our CI/CD testing strategy and coaching software developers in securing testability.
Occasionally you will also work with maturation of methods, tools, and processes to create cohesive (automated) testing practices, as well as taking part in test activities to ensure project delivery, including tests onboard military vessels (in Denmark).
We work in scrum teams, within our working family in the C2 organization of 100+ highly engaged colleagues, in an area of great focus and importance in Terma.
What is our company like?
We are an international company standing for world class expertise, delivering complex and high-tech products. We value our colleagues and our meaningful contributions to securing people through advanced technology.
Our company culture is autonomous and engaging, and we acknowledge the importance of flexibility in a great working environment. On our various locations, we offer various social activities to bring all of our colleagues together.
In all: Terma is on an inspiring journey, where we grow in abilities, complexities, and size – and we hope you would like to be a part of this journey with professional and personal growth as a gratifying key element.
How to succeed in this position?
We expect (or hope) you have:
- Experience with testing in software development through the steps of requirements, implementation, and verification, and what to test where.
- Knowledge of testing with agile development methods (Scrum) with an understanding of Continuous Integration / Delivery and trunk-based development.
- An understanding on how to ensure requirement to test traceability and vice versa, in a close cooperation with the teams, and a will to make things happen.
Our domain is specialized and vast, and we need all the experts we can get – we are therefore very active about your professional development and will support you in building knowledge and technical ownership and plan the next steps in your role at Terma together with you.
What do we hope to find in you?
We expect you to be full of passion, one who actively follows through on your tasks, and not shunned by a complex and highly specialized environment – instead, please show us that you can learn as well as challenge our technical solutions with ways to improve them.
You want to support the team and take pride in communicating actively and acting proactively towards your teammates and stakeholders. You are structured and well-articulated in writing and speaking, as a minimum in English, preferable also in Danish.
Any unanswered questions?
Feel free to contact René Hjorth, Senior Manager, on +45 23661742 in case of any further questions about this position (he is on vacation w31-w33 so be a bit patient).
We look forward to receiving your application and CV.