The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aero-structures for the aircraft industry. Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, France, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore, and the U.S.
For our office in Darmstadt, Germany, we are seeking for an (Junior) IT System administrator.
As a member of Terma IT, you will provide local IT support to Terma employees and projects. The duties range from basic helpdesk for local users (Lenovo/Windows), project support (SLES system deployment and administration) and infrastructure maintenance (VMware, SAN/NAS).
Your tasks will typically include but are not limited to:
- High level management of the current platform, suggesting improvements and deploying new systems and services under guidance
- Installation and configuration of operating system and other software, tuning of operating, preparing virtual machine templates
- Administration of user accounts and access privilege management (Windows AD and LDAP)
- Support to SW development and maintenance in relation to the utilization of system resources, maintenance of continuous integration (Jenkins) server, GitLab, Mattermost and similar services.
- Implementation and maintenance of scripts and/or procedures where applicable for the automated and/or controlled execution of the above activities, generation or update of technical documentation in relation to system upgrades
- Monitoring of the system performance, investigation of HW and system SW problems and performance of the relevant corrective actions.
In the performance of the activities you shall apply the relevant change control and maintenance procedures.
This is a full time position, located at our office in Darmstadt, Germany, starting ASAP. Standby / call-out support and provision of support to critical operations, may sometimes be required.
Qualifications & Competencies
Applicants shall have a university degree in computer science (or equivalent).
You should have proven knowledge and work experience on:
- GNU/Linux administration using different distributions (SLES / RHEL / Debian)
- Virtualization technologies (VMware Vcenter)
- Windows Helpdesk and hardware maintenance
- Basic networking
In addition, experience in the installation, administration and troubleshooting on some of the following shall be considered as an advantage:
- VMware vCenter / PowerVC management and troubleshooting
- OpenStack / Ansible knowledge
- Network troubleshooting
- The work is organized using a ticketing system (POB) therefore, previous experience on helpdesk and ticket handling is an advantage.
- ITIL Experience
What can Terma offer
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
- Great opportunities for training and personal development
- Challenges in advanced technical environment
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
- An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
- Highly competitive salary
For further information, please contact Mrs. Raluca Moise by telephone [+49 6151 860050] .
Please apply with a Cover Letter and a up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
Please note that applicants must hold all appropriate documentation and permits to work in Europe.