The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aero-structures for the aircraft industry. Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, France, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore, and the U.S.
For our customer, EUMETSAT in Darmstadt, Germany, we are seeking a spacecraft operations Mission Planning Systems Software Engineer.
As part of the Mission Control Applications Tools (MCAT) team at EUMETSAT, you will be responsible for supporting the evolution and maintenance of EUMETSAT’s mission planning systems. You will be primarily responsible for performing software engineering activities for the Meteosat Third Generation (MTG) mission which is currently in preparation. Overall, in the scope of the MTG mission, you will be responsible for:
- Maintenance and evolution of the Mission Planning and Schedule Execution Components software, covering the all phases of the software lifecycle from analysis and requirements specification through to acceptance
- Integration and verification of Schedule Execution Components, including preparation of test procedures
- Providing support to operations test execution
Typical activities to be undertaken include:
- Support the integration, verification and validation testing of Mission Planning and Schedule execution software components
- Support the review and update of test specifications with respect to Mission Planning and Schedule execution aspects
- Support the generation and maintenance of test procedures (including their automation) and test datasets for the Mission Planning and Schedule Execution components
- Support formal test campaigns
- Support the analysis of test results and the generation / update of the VCD inputs and test report
- Support to the anomaly / NCR process (generation, analysis, discussion, participation to ARB meetings, testing for correct implementation, etc.)
- Support to the installation and configuration of new software deliveries
System Architectural Design
- Support to the maintenance and evolution of the system level design of Mission Planning and Schedule Execution components
- Participation to any necessary meetings (technical reviews, scheduling meetings, progress meetings, coordination meetings, workshops, etc)
- Generation and updating of technical documents and knowledge base information
This is a full-time position to be located at Eumetsat’s premises in Darmstadt with the planned start ASAP.
Qualifications & Competencies
Applicants shall have a university degree (or equivalent) in a discipline relevant to the job profile and following:
- Domain Skills
- Significant demonstrable experience in the definition of software requirements, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of Mission Planning Systems in the context of space missions
- Experience in planning the scheduling of operations tasks using the Mission Planning System for GEO and/or LEO space missions
- Experience in operational schedule execution for space missions
- Software Integration, Verification & Validation (IV&V) Skills
- Significant demonstrable experience in IV&V activities, preferably for Mission Planning Systems, following formal software engineering processes. This includes requirement verification, system and subsystem integration, generation of test plans and test procedures, non-regression testing, generation of test datasets and test tools, running the test procedures on the target system, generation of VCDs, test reports and management/tracking of anomalies
- Experience in integration of Mission Planning Systems with Flight Dynamics and Schedule Execution / Mission Control Systems
- Software Technology Skills
- Experience in using DOORs for Requirements Management
- Practical experience with the Linux/Unix operating system (user command level)
Furthermore, it would be a distinct advantage to have experience with:
- Domain Skills
- Experience of routine mission planning and schedule execution operations
- Experience in the full cycle of development and maintenance of application software, preferably for Mission Planning and Schedule Execution systems, following formal software engineering processes. This includes user and system requirements analysis, software requirement engineering, software design, implementation, corrective and evolutive maintenance activities
- Software Engineering Skills
- Experience in designing and developing software applications using Java and / or SQL programming languages for UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Experience in designing and developing software applications using interfaces to relational database management systems (RDBMS) and experience with data model design for RDBMS
- Software Technology Skills
- Experience with APEX ® software tool
- Experience with ICOL ® (Integrated Common Operation Language)
- Experience with MPS ® from Scisys
- Experience in the usage of software CASE design tools (e.g. “Enterprise Architect” and/or “MagicDraw”)
- Experience in using Unified Modelling Language (UML) for software design
- Experience in developing software applications interfacing with MariaDB
- MariaDB administration
- Experience in usage of bash, perl, python and awk scripting languages
- XML processing: schema design, validation, parser libraries, transformation (XSLT) and XPath
- Experience in usage of version control software systems, such as SVN and GIT
- Experience using tools/frameworks for the automation of software testing
The official languages of EUMETSAT are English and French. The working language for the position is English and therefore you must be able to work effectively in this language.
You will also be expected to have the following skills and qualities:
- Working proactively with the minimum of supervision in an individual or team environment.
- Conducting activities in an orderly and disciplined manner, working calmly and correctly under stress.
- Working in teams and sharing expertise and experience with other team members.
- Able to commit to the plan and deliver the expected results on time or to report proactively if any deviations are foreseen.
- Take ownership of problems through to effective resolution.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills and be confident to deal with a wide variety of people.
What can Terma offer
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
- Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
- Great opportunities for training and personal development
- Challenges in advanced technical environment
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
- An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
- Highly competitive salary
Recruitment is depending on successful selection by the customer.
For further information, please contact Mrs. Raluca Moise via Apply button below.
Please apply with an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and ideally a Cover Letter
Please note that applicants must hold all appropriate documentation and permits to work in Europe.
The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aerostructures for the aircraft industry.
Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, Germany, France, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.
The Space Business Area contributes with mission-customized software and hardware products including power systems and star trackers as well as services to support a number of in-orbit pioneering European scientific and Earth observation satellite missions. Additionally, Terma is contracted for the development and delivery of software and hardware systems and services for numerous ongoing and future European, and international missions.
Terma Space operates out of Denmark, The Netherlands, Germany, France and the UK.