The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aero-structures for the aircraft industry. Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, France, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore, and the U.S.
We are looking for a passionate and organized project manager to join our Simulations team in Darmstadt.
As a Project Manager your tasks will mainly include but are not limited to:
- Check if activities listed in the SPACE check are performed
- Inform finance department of delayed payment milestones and raising the invoices
- Interface with customer, prepare and participate for TPMs
- Interface with SIM Group manager on project status, resources
- Maintain risk register
- Maintain the project KPI sheet
- Participate in project internal / external audits
- Plan resources and task allocation, follow up
- Produce PM documentation
- Update the project wiki
- Simulator Technical Responsible (System Engineer):
- Follow-up on Jenkins error messages
- Interface with Project Manager for task ETC
- Lead memory leak investigation (e.g. valgrind analysis)
- Lead performance improvements on the simulator (e.g. callgrind analysis)
- Maintain the project JIRA
- Produce software documentation
- Provide support to Software Engineers
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Studies, analyses and investigations related to software, computer systems and technologies;
- Following and investigation of software technology trends and methods for potential use to support Terma by giving direction for future work (with prototyping when needed);
- Technical proposal production.
This is a full-time position, located at our office in Darmstadt, Germany, starting ASAP.
Qualifications & Competencies
Essential skills are:
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing simulations projects in the Space industry
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write, speak, and present effectively and persuasively at all levels
- Organizational skills including the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Passionate and self-driven, pro-actively looking for ways to improve project outcomes
- Cooperative work style with a mentor quality for more junior engineers
- Being able to meet deadlines and work under time-pressure
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), as English is the working language
The following skills would be a distinct advantage:
- Knowledge/Experience in working with European agencies like ESA, EUMETSAT, and ESO
- Knowledge of ECSS standards
- Some knowledge of Quality Assurance (QA) / Product Assurance (PA) activities
The position requires a great deal of independence and self-motivation. The candidates should be able to work with little supervision, but also be able to contribute to the team effort.
What can Terma offer
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
- Great opportunities for training and personal development
- Challenges in advanced technical environment
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
- An employment contract with an attractive package and additional benefits
- Highly competitive salary
To apply, please provide a Cover Letter and latest Curriculum Vitae, as well as your earliest date of availability.
Please note that applicants must hold all appropriate documentation and permits to work in Europe.
The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aerostructures for the aircraft industry.
Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, Germany, France, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.
The Space Business Area contributes with mission-customized software and hardware products including power systems and star trackers as well as services to support a number of in-orbit pioneering European scientific and Earth observation satellite missions. Additionally, Terma is contracted for the development and delivery of software and hardware systems and services for numerous ongoing and future European, and international missions.
Terma Space operates out of Denmark, The Netherlands, France, Germany, and the UK.