Mission critical solutions through the right technology, strategic partnerships and an international presence
Are you looking for a unique Senior Leadership position within a dynamic and high-tech organization and company with the purpose of securing people through advanced technology? Are you perceived as a strong, dynamic, robust, and modern team captain with a deep passion for technology, business, and organizational development? Then you might be the one that we are looking for.
Right now, we are looking for a driven and talented Vice President, with a strong track record in leading both leaders and functions in times of development and transitions, to head our Radar Technology domain consisting of +75 highly skilled employees.
The Challenge and Opportunity
Terma A/S is an innovative Danish company delivering high-end niche products and provides mission-critical solutions in aerospace, defense and security that help protect people. We offer advanced technologies and services for a range of specific application areas – and our customers operate on land, at sea, in the air, or in space.
Our purpose is to secure people through advanced technology, one of these advanced key technologies being Radars and signal processing. Radar technology is one of Terma’s cornerstones in our current and future customer value creation, and we offer cutting-edge radar technology and capabilities. As our new Head of Radar, you will meet a company with numerous exciting application areas. Radars is a key value creator – when detecting drones, keeping aircrafts safe around windfarms or when guiding and supporting our defense customers in making safer decisions when lives are at risk.
Our ambition is to further strengthen our Radar leadership and organization and take it to – and through – the next levels. We are now looking for a senior leadership personality and profile to ignite, drive and carry this journey, strategically and tactically, through excellent leadership abilities.
Your areas of responsibility
The Head of Radar will report to the Senior Vice President of Technology & Innovation and will become a fully integrated member of the global Technology & Innovation Leadership Team, together heading a global organization counting +300 employees. The position is placed in Denmark (Aarhus), and your responsibilities will cover:
- Lead and develop a skilled and knowledge heavy organization of +75 engineers across disciplines, corporate levels, and career tracks, focusing on talent development and retention at all levels
- Co-own and contribute to the strategic direction of Technology & Innovation and ensure flawless execution of strategic initiatives and deployments
- Drive and Lead parts of the Technology & Innovation strategy and creating value-add and impact across Terma through your strong stakeholder management skills and interaction with peers
- Full technology ownership in Radar and accountable for Terma’s Technology Radar strategy and for leading technological development around the platforms
- Responsible for establishing the technology vision and roadmap for Radar in relation to business needs
- Develop and enhance the product development process, product development plan and innovation management
- Deliver research and development projects on schedule, within budget and according to scope
How to succeed in this position?
Core to the position is your strong senior leadership abilities, ability to deliver impact across the full Terma organization and value-chain and your ability to drive successful change management projects. You are a visionary leader, who possess a can-do attitude, leadership courage and accountability mindset. You have an appetite to drive a positive change and are mastering the discipline of perception and communication at VP level. You are able to simplify when others might complicate, and you always deliver top level analytical results.
Finally, you exhibit a burning desire to make a difference through noticeable, positive, motivating, and agile leadership, delivering excellent tactical- and strategical organizational development results. People around you perceive you as a strong, dynamic, robust, and modern team captain.
In addition to this, we expect you to have:
- Multiple years of experience from successfully leading technology organization(s) – a restricted/mission-critical industry (defense, pharma, banking, etc.) is an advantage
- Relevant MSc degree – e.g., Engineering, Finance, Computational science or similar
- Demonstrated experience leveraging technological innovation to advance value propositions for new and existing products and applications
- Demonstrated experience leading in complex organizations with diverse stakeholder landscape
- Proven track record of leading leaders and functions – inspiring, developing, and expanding teams including attracting and sourcing technical talent and develop and retain these
What is our company like?
We are an international company representing world class expertise, delivering complex and high-tech products. We value our colleagues and our meaningful contributions to securing people through advanced technology. During your onboarding in Terma you can expect a thorough introduction and training in our systems and processes, as well as a strong focus on teaching you useful new competences and further strengthening current ones, both professionally and personally. Our company culture is autonomous and engaging, and we acknowledge the importance of flexibility in a great working environment. On our different locations, we offer various social activities to bring all our colleagues together.
Any unanswered questions?
For further information, please contact Senior Vice President, Terma Technology & Innovation, Jesper Bøhnke, on +45 4092 5934.
We look forward to receiving your application and CV.
Applications will be processed continuously.
Bear in mind that candidates must be able to obtain a security clearance by the Danish Defence Intelligence Service. This entails that candidates, as a minimum, have stayed within NATO/EU for the last 7 years only interrupted by short stays abroad.
The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aerostructures for the aircraft industry.
Terma A/S is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.