Terma provides mission-critical solutions for the defense and aerospace industry. We are guided by one overall purpose: to deliver security for countries, alliances and individuals. We operate in a variety of areas, but security is always the key. We deliver advanced technologies to keep people safe, both in peaceful times and in times of conflict. Our systems provide security for people on land, at sea and in the air.
We are currently looking for a passionate Systems Engineer to support the growth of one of our System Integration and Development teams. Our purpose is to provide mission critical solutions for the defense industry. Does this sound interesting to you? Then please keep on reading.
We work on mission-critical solutions for the navy
At our office in Herlev, you will join our C2 Test & Integration Department within the C2 domain (Command and Control), which is an area of great focus and importance in Terma. Here, you will meet 60 colleagues in Herlev and 30 in Lystrup who are dedicated to deliever security for countries, alliances and individuals. As we are experiencing a strong positive development, we are looking for a dedicated Systems Engineer for Herlev who will help build on our success.
You will have a wide range of interfaces and close cooperation with other project participants, counting among others Systems Engineers, Software Engineers and Project Manager for the entire project. As you develop, you will gain increasing responsibility of the overall product functionality and performance of your separate tasks within the team.
As a Systems Engineer you will be responsible for requirement management and definition of architectural solutions, including partitioning the complete system into modules, as well as the interfaces between this over time. Furthermore, you will be responsible for verification and validation of the complete solution in cooperation with test engineers.
Your daily work is very diversified, meaning that you will be working individually, in groups, cooperating and sparring in the team and with other teams, and with occasional visits at customer sites. In general, communication across the various domains is an important part of the job as a Systems Engineer.
We are looking for much of the following:
- You have a relevant education, i.e. a degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Data Science or similar
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience in developing systems, including both hardware and software
- You have experience working with systems at a high abstraction level, e.g. product development tasks and/or customer specific project deliveries
- You are used to produce system specifications and are able to carry through the technical solution according to these specifications, from the initial idea until end-of-life of the product
- Knowledge about international systems engineering standards or handbooks will be perceived as an advantage
- You know how to transform your creativity and your ability to innovate into realizable products
- You thrive in an environment with independent and overall responsibility for the technical part of a development project
- Thorough knowledge of Linux, virtualization, containerization and orchestration
- Thorough knowledge of network configuration and segmentation
- Knowledge of system deployment mechanism’s (Ansible or similar)
- You possess the ability to design systems based on COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf) products and follow through when elements become obsolete
- You are not scared by the fact that hands-on and maintenance of systems will also be a part of your tasks in collaboration with the integration team
- You are able to structure and communicate technical complex solutions clearly and precisely in writing, and you enjoy doing so
- You have “drive” and you actively follow through on your tasks
- You are well articulated in writing and speaking, as a minimum in Danish as well as English
What does Terma offer you?
First of all, you will join an international and well-reputed organization working within a highly specialized and unique domain. Secondly, you will spend your day with highly professional and inspiring coworkers, who share a good sense of humor (if we must say so ourselves). Finally, we offer competitive employment conditions and good development opportunities both professionally and personally – with room for your private life. But if you want to, you can also join our social activities such as fitness and sports or participate in conferences and events.
Do you want to know more?
If we have sparked your curiosity and you are bursting with qualified questions, you are welcome to reach out to Jesper Berg Madsen, Director of C2 End-to-End, on +45 23 80 04 58. Recruitments are an ongoing activity, and applications will be processed continuously – so don’t hesitate to apply.