ALLIES IN INNOVATION
Can you take the lead on designing and developing mission-critical software for the Aerospace industry? Are you excited about the opportunity to get in close in developing the best self-protection systems for jet fighters, helicopters, and other aircrafts world-wide? Then we have a unique opportunity for you!
Terma provides mission critical solutions for the defense and aerospace industry. We are guided by one overall purpose: To deliver security for countries, allies, and individuals. We operate in a variety of areas, but security is always key. We deliver advanced technologies to keep people safe, both in peacetime and in times of conflict. Our systems provide security for people on land, at sea, and in the air. Terma puts an emphasis on diversity and brings passionate people together with different cultural and professional backgrounds.
- We are looking for a passionate Software Architect to join our Self-Protection Systems software department within our Aeronautics business area. Here, we develop mission-critical software for military aircrafts as part of our proven Self-Protection Systems (SPS). We understand our customers’ domain and harsh environment, and we use established development processes tailored for aerospace to develop highly reliable systems, enabling our customers to meet their objectives.
- The department delivers high-quality software to Terma’s suite of Self-Protection Systems for Jet Fighters, Rotorcrafts, Wide-Body and Special Mission Aircraft. We deliver software for both ground support (pre- and post-flight) and in-flight functionality hence covering the entire spectrum of the mission. The team consists of highly qualified embedded and Windows application software engineers. We work closely together in teams across embedded and application software, and we plan our work in daily stand-up meetings. Being a part of a smaller company relative to the industry means that our everyday work can vary a lot, and therefore we meet many exciting tasks and opportunities continuously.
- The SPS SW department covers a wide spectrum of code bases, and our portfolio of projects is diverse, hence the opportunities to grow and learn are immense. There will be opportunities related to currently operational software, to develop new functionalities and features for soon-to-be operational software, and design and development of new products/solutions – and everything in between.
Your role & key responsibilities
- As a Software Architect, you are responsible for ensuring that our software platforms remain relevant in a dynamic and ever-changing market. Together with the teams you will develop, maintain, document, automate, and improve our software platforms. You will guide and spar with your colleagues to create the best technical solutions.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Use your experience to create robust, reusable, and testable software designs and implementations
- Collaborate across platforms to ensure optimal features and interfaces
- Develop and maintain comprehensive technical documentation alongside your team and implement industry standards
- Breaking down and refining tasks in close collaboration with your colleagues within an agile environment – and delegate appropriately
- Planning and executing long-term software strategies including Technology Roadmaps
- Mentor software colleagues and set technical direction
- Your work base will be our office in Aarhus, Lystrup, but we offer flexible working conditions with the opportunity to work some of your time from home.
Your professional qualifications
- You are passionate about creating the best software solutions, curious about us and our tasks and motivated to both learn and contribute to our daily work.
We are looking for a colleague with skills within some of the following areas:
- Relevant education, i.e., a degree in computer engineering, software engineering, computer science, or related technical discipline.
- Solid experience as an embedded software developer in C++ and preferably additional experience as a lead and/or architect.
- Broad knowledge of software methodologies and tools including software development for multithreaded applications
- You are well articulated in writing and speaking in English, preferably also in Danish
These are some of the technologies/tools we work with:
- MS Visual Studio
- RTOS: WindRiver VxWorks, Green Hills Systems INTEGRITY-178
- Targets: PowerPC, ARM,
- Git/Gerrit, Jira, Doxygen, Jenkins etc.
- IBM Rational DOORS
- Static code analysis – Coverity
- Interest in and knowledge of DevOps-related areas, Safety/MIL Standards, C#, Python, VHDL, Markdown, PlantUML etc. is a plus.
You as a person
- As a person you are ambitious and continuously looking to challenge yourself by diving into new tasks and ways of working. You are driven by a genuine interest in creating the best possible solutions and you do not compromise the quality of your work.
- You are an active communicator and collaborator and demonstrate an unquenchable thirst to learn and improve.
- You respect the formal working processes while still mastering agile principles
- The ability to set technical direction comes natural to you
- You have an analytical and systematic approach to problem-solving and the ability to understand and work with complex solutions
- You have good cooperation skills, as you will engage with mane stakeholders to ensure fit-for-market software from engineering to Business Development.
- You enjoy working in a complex and highly specialized environment
What can Terma offer you
- You will join a high-tech, international, and creative working environment in a demanding sector that offers many challenges and opportunities for personal development.
- You will be part of a dedicated team characterized by professional pride and humor. The department has an extremely high level of teamwork, and the mindset is that we together as a team will succeed.
- We are open-minded and flexible on how to create the best setting for you to thrive in your job.
- As the portfolio of codebases is extensive, you can become acquainted with many different types of products, solutions, technologies/tools etc.
- Your personal and professional development is important to us, so when you join the team, we will together work on how we can grow you as a person and identify the right development opportunities.
- You will become part of one of very few Danish companies where we develop and sell products to the security and defense industry; thereby you will contribute to the overall purpose: to deliver security for countries, alliances, and individuals.