ALLIES IN INNOVATION
Terma A/S is a high-tech and innovative Danish company that delivers advanced technologies to keep people safe, both in peacetimes and in times of conflict. Our systems provide security for people on land, at sea, and in the air. We are leading in the global market within our niches, which includes state-of-the-art technologies for aerospace, Joint Strike Fighter, advanced self-protection systems, and radar systems for vessel traffic services and coastal surveillance.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced software developer to join our Radar development department. You will be part of a team of highly qualified developers and systems engineers, who work to further develop and create new and improved products within the radar domain.
We are in the early process of modernizing our software platform, and as a senior developer, you will be a central capacity in our transformation endeavors. The work will include programming, design, and architecture. You will work in close cooperation with our architects, and you will be an important sparring partner for your fellow software developers and systems engineers in the team.
Your role & key responsibilities
You have relevant education, i.e., a degree in computer engineering, computer science, or related technical discipline.
Some of your primary tasks will be to
- Building best-in-class software solutions following best-practice architecture and design principles
Refactor, design, and implementation of solutions in new components as well as integrating with existing components on our platform
- Ensure high-quality solutions by the team through sparring and guidance of your fellow software developers, within aspects such as design, architecture, reusability, testability etc.
- Maintaining a deep understanding and overview of the software components within the team’s application area
- Ensure good (automated) test coverage of the team’s components
Your professional qualifications
As a senior software developer, you will possess the skills and knowledge to undertake the challenges of working with refactoring of legacy code and automatic testing. Furthermore, you have the skills to create robust, scalable, elegant, and flexible solutions. You communicate actively and demonstrate technical leadership that ensures good solutions through coaching and collaboration.
More specifically we are looking for a colleague with skills within some of the following areas:
- Deep technical experience with CI, automatic testing, refactoring of legacy code
- Ability to create robust, scalable, elegant, and flexible solutions
- Experience in working with and improving legacy code
- Broad knowledge of software methodologies and tools
- At least 5 years of developer experience in C++ and/or Java
- Has experience with several of the technologies we use, such as
- Signal processing
- Visual Studio Code
You as a person
- You are comfortable in a technical leadership role, and it comes naturally to you to guide, spare and set technical direction for others
- You have an analytical and systematic approach to problem-solving and the ability to understand and work with complex solutions
- You have good cooperation skills, as you will need to work with many different people in the organization
- You respect the formal working processes while still mastering agile principles
- You show drive and is passionate about your tasks
- You enjoy working in a complex and highly specialized environment
- You are well articulated in writing and speaking, as a minimum in English, preferable also in Danish
What can Terma offer you
- You will join a high-tech, international, and creative working environment in a demanding sector that offers many challenges and opportunities for personal development. You will be part of a dedicated team characterized by professional pride and humor. In addition to the professional challenges, Terma offers a wide range of social activities and sports facilities, where employees meet in an informal atmosphere.