Mission critical solutions through the right technology, strategic partnerships and an international presence
For our customer, ESOC in Darmstadt, Germany, we are seeking three experienced Flight Dynamics Operations Engineers, to support the missions: Euclid, Juice, and Hera.
The majority of the Flight Dynamics operations engineering support are related to mission preparation and operation. In addition, application or system support and infrastructure.
The primary areas of responsibility for this service is Orbit Determination and Manoeuvre Optimisation for the Earth Observation Missions but the service provider may be requested to assume the responsibility and perform activities for additional service, missions and activities within the scope of general Flight Dynamics operations engineering services.
The service to be provided is primarily related to the routine operations of Astronomy and Planetary and Solar Explorers (Euclid, Juice, and Hera), and the development of the associated Flight Dynamics Systems.
In particular the following tasks are to be taken into consideration:
- Analysis of missions requirements and objectives
- Mission Analysis and support to project definition
- Familiarisation with mission and spacecraft design
- Definition and implementation of operations concepts, procedures and interfaces
- Definition and implementation of infrastructure and operational software systems
- Computer platform, infrastructure and application software and user support
- Validation of operational procedures and products
- Critical and routine Flight Dynamics operations support to missions
- On-call periods is foreseeing to provide the required operations support.
This is a full-time position to be located at ESOC’s premises in Darmstadt with the planned start date on the 1st of March 2023.
Qualifications & Competencies
Applicable experience in the provision of Flight Dynamics Operations engineering support is an advantage.
In addition to having a university degree in a relevant engineering field, astronomy, mathematics, or physics, you should be able to cover many of the following topics:
Essential skills are:
- Skills to apply their knowledge to develop solutions to technical (mathematical and dynamical) problems in cooperation with customers and other experts
- Ability to define, implement, validate and operate software which applies the above solutions (using e.g. Unix and/or Linux scripting languages, Fortran 77 and/or 95, C++, Python)
- Will to take operational responsibility in multi-discipline teams
- Fluency in English, both in speech and writing
- Coordinate and interact with other service providers in operations and other fields.
- Ability to work independently
- Availability to travel at least once within continental Europe per year
Desirable skills include:
- Familiarity with the ESOC environment
- Familiarity/experience with Flight Dynamics operations engineering tasks
- Experience dealing with external interfaces
- Experience with Oracle/Solaris and/or Linux, network services and protocols, and system administration
- The ability to multi-task efficiently; working on multiple activities, multiple subsystems and if applicable multiple missions simultaneously.
You will be able to conduct all activities in an orderly and disciplined manner, able to work calmly and accurately under stress and able to work without supervision.
What can Terma offer
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company:
- Great opportunities for training and personal development
- Challenges in advanced technical environment
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
- An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
- Highly competitive salary
Recruitment is depending on successful selection by the customer.
For further information, please contact Mrs. Liliane Bromberg Carvalho by telephone [+49 6151 860050]
To ensure that your application will reach us and is properly processed please apply through the link below with a Cover Letter and an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
Please note that applicants must hold all appropriate documentation and permits to work in Europe.
The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aerostructures for the aircraft industry.
Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, Germany, France, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.
The Space Business Area contributes with mission-customized software and hardware products including power systems and star trackers as well as services to support a number of in-orbit pioneering European scientific and Earth observation satellite missions. Additionally, Terma is contracted for the development and delivery of software and hardware systems and services for numerous ongoing and future European, and international missions.
Terma Space operates out of Denmark, The Netherlands, Germany, France and the UK.