ALLIES IN INNOVATION
We are looking for talented Software Engineers with competencies in related technologies, to join our ground software systems development group in Darmstadt, Germany. We are looking for people to work on the next generation of Spacecraft Missions Control Systems software, EGOS-CC / EGS-CC, being developed by the European Space Agency (ESA). Already under development for several years, EGOS-CC is now approaching a critical phase where it will start to be rolled out for ESA’s future Space missions at the European Space Operations Centre (ESOC) in Darmstadt.
- As part of the Terma software engineering team providing software development and maintenance services to ESA, you will take responsibility for all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including design, coding, testing at all levels, validation, problem investigation and correction.
- EGOS-CC is a new development, and therefore the work will typically be a mixture software development, such as extensions to EGOS-CC / EGS-CC for functions, and investigation and correction of issues in the implemented software.
- The work will be done to a high quality following industry best-practices in terms of code quality, configuration control, and formal change control processes. Software and documentation will be done according to applicable standards, in particular to ECSS specifications.
- You will be expected to be able to produce software and documentation according to agreed timescales, budget, standards and quality.
- This is a full time position, located at our office in Darmstadt, Germany, starting as soon as possible.
Qualifications & Competencies
- You have a university degree in Computer Science or other relevant subject, and demonstrable experience in the required competencies.
- Minimum 4 years of experience working in software development
- Java programming language
- OSGi-based component frameworks, such as Apache Felix, Apache Karaf
- Object-oriented design and programming methods
- Software modelling using UML
- Linux, as a software developer
- Source code configuration using Git
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) for documentation
- Experience of EGS-CC and EGOS-CC
- Client / server applications programming
- Eclipse IDE
- Eclipse RCP applications development
- Message-oriented middleware technologies (such as JMS and related implementations such as Apache ActiveMQ)
- Relational databases (MySQL, MariaDB, Hbase or PostgreSQL) and SQL
- XML, XPath, XSLT and associated technologies
- Dynamic programming languages, such Python and Groovy.
- Software building using Maven
- Software development processes and lifecycles
- Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM development
In addition, you should have the following characteristics:
- Good written and verbal communication and team working skills
- Able to work in an organized, systematic and disciplined manner, in particular in relation to applying engineering standards and methods
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, team player, able to work independently
- The working language is English. Fluent spoken and written English is required.
What can Terma offer
- At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
- Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
- Great opportunities for training and personal development
- Challenges in advanced technical environment
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
- An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
- Highly competitive salary