ALLIES IN INNOVATION
We are looking for an experienced Software Architect to join our Ground Systems software development group in Darmstadt, Germany. For this position, you will need to have solid experience in space communications protocols and standard such as CCSDS Packet TM, Packet TC, CFDP and ECSS Packet Utilisation Standard (PUS). As a Software Architect, you will take the technical lead in the design and implementation of mission-critical applications, considering all aspects related to the software development including performance, reliability and maintainability.
Your tasks will include the following:
- Technical leadership of teams implementing mission-critical software systems.
- Technical interfacing with third-party supplier teams, providing technical instructions and guidance to the suppliers, and ensuring correctness and adequacy of supplied software.
- Handling formal technical reviews with customers.
- Support to requirements engineering, to elaborate and clarify user requirements.
- Software design to fulfil formal specifications covering functional and non-functionality requirements.
- Investigation and selection of software technologies and methods for potential use, with prototyping when needed.
- Production of formal technical documentation, including architectural and software design documentation, interface control documents, and design justification documentation.
- Implementation of software following modern, professional software engineering standards and methods.
- Ensuring implementation and delivery of software to schedule and required quality.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Training and mentoring other staff
- User requirement analysis and software requirements specification
- Unit, integration and system testing
- Support to customer acceptance testing
- This is a full time position, located at our office in Darmstadt, Germany, starting March 2022.
You will have a university degree in Computer Science or other relevant subject, and demonstrable experience in the required competencies.
Essential skills are:
- Experience with space communication protocols, such as CCSDS Packet TM, Packet TC, CFDP and ECSS PUS.
- Network protocols, including TCP/IP and UDP
- Model-based software engineering methods using UML
- Object-oriented design and programming methods
- Client / server applications design
- Software development processes and lifecycles
- Java software development
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) for documentation
- Fluency in English – in speech and in writing;
Desirable skills are:
- Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM development
- CI/CD, DevOps software pipelines and deployment
- Software configuration management
- Linux as a software developer
In addition, you should have the following characteristics:
- Ability to work in an international, multi-cultural team
- Good written and verbal communication and team working skills
- Able to work in an organized, systematic and disciplined manner, in particular in relation to applying engineering standards and methods
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, team player, able to work independently
- Knowledge of the space domain would be an advantage.
What can Terma offer
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
- Great opportunities for training and personal development
- Challenges in advanced technical environment
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
- An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
- Highly competitive salary