ALLIES IN INNOVATION
The Generic Infrastructure and Systems Division (GSI) which is part of the Technical and Scientific Support Department (TSS) takes care of the maintenance and further development of the complete operational ground segment computer infrastructure. This infrastructure includes computers, Storage Area Networks, local network equipment, wide-area networks and all the software that is needed to run EUMETSAT’s satellite’s missions on a 24×7 basis.
Currently all levels of system administration support for these systems are provided by Computer and Storage Management (CSM). The increasing robustness of standardized hardware and Commercial Off-the-Shelf Software (COTS) components and the consolidation of the market have led to a situation where corrective and preventive maintenance tasks can be carried out using industry standard procedures and best practices.
- Maintenance of the as-built software build environments;
- Building, packaging and distribution of software releases and patches;
- Support to programmers with respect to software build and development strategies;
- Support the delivery of software externally developed; its installation, configuration and testing;
- Investigation into anomalies, their documentation and classification; follow up of the delivery of S/W corrections;
- Participation in technical meetings and formal reviews;
- Analysis of the maintenance requirements and identification, procurement or implementation of the tools to fulfil them; writing of maintenance procedures;
- Interfacing with external suppliers who are providing maintenance services for ground segment facilities.
Qualifications & Competencies
You shall have a university degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline alongside:
- Essential knowledge and experience in using Unix/Linux command line tools
- Automated OS Installation solutions: Linux AutoYast and Kickstart, Orcharhino (Foreman/Satellite) and experience in unattended, centralized software installation mechanisms (PXE/TFTP)
- Software provisioning, configuration management and deployment tools: Ansible
- Software build environments and tools (like Ant, Maven, autoconf/automake, make)
- Version control systems (such as SVN, CVS, ClearCase, git)
- Various software packaging formats (like RPM, PKG, LPP, tgz)
- Scripting languages (e.g. bash, ksh, csh, Perl, Python)
- Networking, distributed applications, and TCP/IP services
- Basic UNIX/Linux System Administration
- C/C++ and Java programming languages
- Change Management processes
- Good experience in VMware virtualization
- Good understanding of incident and problem management
Practical knowledge of as many as possible of the following software tools and products will be an advantage:
- Knowledge in Container technologies (Docker)
- Serena Dimensions CM
- Basic Windows System Administration;
- MySQL and Oracle Databases
- Formalised Software Testing
- TCP/IP and related network protocols and applications, e.g. NIS, LDAP, NFS, DNS, SNMP, FTP, NTP, etc.
- High Availability software like RedHat HA Add-On, Veritas Cluster or any other
What can Terma offer
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
- Great opportunities for training and personal development
- Challenges in advanced technical environment
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
- An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
- Highly competitive salary