ALLIES IN INNOVATION
As a software developer in Terma, you will have the chance to work with prestigious projects and have a unique opportunity to gain experience in numerous fields within the space and technology domain – all in a cosmopolitan, international working environment.
Making an impact with technology
Joining our Space Business Area in Darmstadt, Germany, you will develop software for systems that support space operations centres and allow people to monitor and control spacecraft as well as to carry out simulations to validate spacecraft operations.
“You will be part of team of about 20 software system developers and aerospace engineers. On a specific project, we typically split into teams of 1-4 people with one of the team members taking on the role of project manager. Depending on the type of project, some members may be more dedicated to specific aspects such as software testing,” explains Project Manager, Operations, Kevin Davies.
Modern ground software systems development
- You can expect to work with object-oriented design and programming methods as we focus on the professional quality of our code. As we develop solutions for a range of customers within the space industry, we adjust our methodologies and approach according to each project. We use elements from agile methodologies, such as Scrum, when applicable.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Software design to implement features according to formal specifications
- Investigating software technologies and methods for potential use – including prototyping
- Implementing software following modern, professional software engineering standards and methods
- Unit and component testing of the implemented software
- User requirement analysis and software requirement specification
Join a team of highly-skilled tech enthusiasts
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of our “best-in-class” solutions. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasising mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
“We’re an internationally mixed, self-motivated and highly collaborative team of techy enthusiasts – and because we’re quite a small team, you will touch base with a lot of different kinds of technology. There’s a lot going on in our industry at the moment – for instance with cloud computing,” elaborates Kevin Davies.
Tech-savvy software engineer
We do not expect you to have experience from the space industry. More importantly, you are a talented developer who is used to working in an organised, systematic and disciplined manner with regards to applying engineering standards and methods. We do, however, expect that you have broad knowledge of the technologies mentioned above, and that you:
- Have a degree in computer science and strong Java/C++ programming skills
- Have experience with Eclipse IDE and Eclipse RCP application development
- Understand client/server application programming and have knowledge of source code configuration (Subversion and/or Git)
- Have experience writing documentation for your code
- Speak and write English fluently and have good communication skills overall