ALLIES IN INNOVATION
We are recruiting experienced software engineers to be part of our team that will provide ground segment software engineering services to our customer, Eumetsat in Darmstadt. The services will be primarily focused on engineering activities for supporting the procurement, integration and verification (I&V) of Earth observation Data Processing Systems. We require a number of staff with complementary skills and differing levels of experience in order to cover the full range of software engineering tasks to be performed, from software architect to integration and verification, for both new developments and evolutions of existing operational systems.
The scope of the complete service to be provided by the team covers the following:
- Software engineering activities for requirements definition/consolidation and early design phases (direct implementation or follow-up support provided to EUMETSAT teams);
- Software engineering activities for detail design phases and build-up phases (also direct implementation or follow up support provided to EUMETSAT teams);
- Software engineering activities for I&V, including;
- Definition of AIV plans and test scenarios, specifications and procedures;
- Coordination and implementation of integration activities;
- Coordination and implementation of verification activities;
- Contribution to validation activities;
- Software engineering activities for supporting operations and maintenance (corrective and evolutive) of the different ground segments (or sub-segments) of EUMETSAT.
- Contribution to management and programmatic activities;
The detailed responsibilities of the complete service team can be provided to applicants on request.
This is a full-time position to be located at Terma in Darmstadt, Germany, with the expected start date ASAP.
Qualifications & Competencies
- A university degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline is required.
We are seeking candidates who can match as many of the following skills as possible:
- Engineering of large, UNIX or LINUX based, complex, real-time data processing systems;
- Source code control systems (e.g. Subversion, Git);
- Software anomalies analysis, debugging, profiling, fixing and processing;
- Proven ability in integration and verification of complex systems;
- Requirements and verification management;
- Formal testing at component, facility and system level;
- Creation of suitable test cases, documentation and their execution;
- Experience in benchmarking and stress testing;
- Structured software development and verification;
- Software maintenance, performance monitoring;
- ECSS standards;
- Experience in operational environments under strict change control;
- Configuration control.
Domains and Application Areas:
- Near real-time, Earth observation data processing, archiving, distribution
- Satellite monitoring and control (e.g. SCOS-2000)
- Mission control functions
- Satellite communications (packet TM/TC, PUS, SLE protocol)
- Ground Station monitoring and control.
- Automated testing;
- Requirements and verification management using DOORS;
- Object-oriented software design, and maintenance, including the use of UML/SysML based tools for supporting/documenting the design, at least at the architectural level;
- Operating systems: UNIX/Linux and Windows;
- Relational databases: MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL;
- Networking: Internet protocols, TCP/IP programming, network monitoring.
You shall be able to conduct all activities in an orderly and disciplined manner, shall be able to work calmly and correctly under stress and must be able to work without supervision.
What can Terma offer
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company:
- Great opportunities for training and personal development
- Challenges in advanced technical environment
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
- An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
- Highly competitive salary
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace