Mission critical solutions through the right technology, strategic partnerships and an international presence
For our customer, EUMETSAT in Darmstadt, Germany, we are seeking an experienced System Engineer to work with MOSY – Mission Operation Systems.
A-2 (MOSY) – Mission Operation Systems Services
The domain of this service is the MOC, Mission Operations System. The MOC is a System composed of software and hardware items that implement the Mission Control Functions of the Ground Segment for a Space System. Typical functions of the MOC are Monitoring & Control, Mission Planning, Flight Dynamics, Satellite Simulator, Automation, Configuration control and OpsPrep Functions.
This service is involved in the preparation and development phase of the MOC System for new Programmes but also in the routine operations phase, where the MOC System is subject to corrective and evolutive maintenance.
Your tasks will typically include but are not limited to:
- Anomaly Investigation
- Evolution Definition
- Requirements Engineering
- Design and Interface Engineering
- Detailed Design and Implementation
- Development Reviews
- System Assembly & Integration
- Integration & Verification Planning and Specification
- FAT/OSAT (Factory Acceptance/On-Site Acceptance)
- Requirement Verification Engineering
- Delivery Reviews
- Test Tools and Test Automation
- User support and training
This is a full-time position to be located at EUMETSAT’s premises in Darmstadt, Germany with an expected start date March 2023 or ASAP thereafter.
Qualifications & Competencies
In addition to having a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an engineering or scientific discipline relevant to the job profile from an institution of higher education you shall meet the following requirements:
Application Lifecycle Management Tools:
- Building technologies/tools (Maven/Gradle)
- Version Control Software Systems technologies/tools (GIT, SVN)
- Remote Connection Tools (X2GO, VNC, MobaXterm, NoMachine, SSH, Telnet, Putty, Remote Desktop)
- Atlassian JIRA/Confluence
Software Technologies/Middleware/Frameworks and Libraries:
- MariaDB / MySQL
- Eclipse RCP (framework and plugins installation/configuration)
- Java Language/SDK
- Markup languages (e.g., XML, XSD, XSLT, XPath, HTML)
- Shell Scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, Awk)
- SQL Language
Operating Systems & Virtualization:
- Microsoft Windows
- Linux and Linux Distros (e.g. SLES11/12/15, Open SUSE),
- CCSDS Space Communications Protocols
- CCSDS Satellite Link Extensions (SLE)
- CCSDS File Delivery Protocol (CFDP)
- ECSS Packet Utilization Standard
Domain Specific Applications:
- CGI\APEX (Automation & Procedure Execution)
What can Terma offer
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
- Great opportunities for training and personal development
- Challenges in advanced technical environment
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
- An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
- Competitive salary
For further information, please contact Mrs. Liliane Bromberg Carvalho by telephone [+49 6151 860050]
Please note that applicants must hold all appropriate documentation and permits to work in Europe.
If possible please submit your CV in Europass format.
The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aerostructures for the aircraft industry.
Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.
The Space Business Area contributes with mission-customized software and hardware products including power systems and star trackers as well as services to support a number of in-orbit pioneering European scientific and Earth observation satellite missions. Additionally, Terma is contracted for the development and delivery of software and hardware systems and services for numerous ongoing and future European, and international missions.
Terma Space operates out of Denmark, The Netherlands, France, Germany, and the UK.