The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aero-structures for the aircraft industry. Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, France, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore, and the U.S.
As Database Administrator your tasks will mainly include but are not limited to:
- Execute routine tasks and controlling activities
- Participate on 1st and 2nd line support teams for Database related activities.
- Root cause analysis and incident management for database related incidents.
- Deploy, test, maintain, manage, monitor and operate multiple databases for scientific and business functions
- Ensuring documentation, ticketing system, user support and all relevant services in the DBA domain are fulfilled according to the SLA.
- Participate in security audits and provide active feedback to increase the security levels
- Participate on On-Call duty rotation scheme
- Participate on scheduled changes implementation during IT maintenance Windows
- Update and create Technical Documentation
This is a full-time position located at our client ESO’s premises in Garching near Munich, Germany, starting ASAP.
Qualifications & Competencies
Essential skills are:
- Very good command in MSSQL
- Basic experience with Sybase DB or aptitude and willingness to learn Sybase
- Experience with as many of the following technologies as possible:
- Oracle Linux Virtualization Manager
- RHEL distributions
- Good communication skills including the ability to write, speak, and present effectively
- Willingness to work on-call and during special maintenance windows
- Quick comprehension, fast learner
- Structured, analytical approach to work with a focus on customer service
- Team spirit
- Being able to meet deadlines and work under time-pressure
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
Having following certification would set you apart:
- ITIL certification (or at least basic knowledge)
The position requires a great deal of independence and self-motivation. The candidates should be able to work with little supervision, but also be able to contribute to the team effort.
What can Terma offer
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
- Great opportunities for training and personal development
- Challenges in advanced technical environment
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
- An employment contract with an attractive package and additional benefits
- Highly competitive salary