The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aero-structures for the aircraft industry. Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, France, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore, and the U.S.
Terma North America (TNA), the US subsidiary of Denmark based Terma A/S, is searching for a highly qualified Continuous Improvement (CI) / Lean Practitioner Manager to join our team of exceptionally dedicated professionals in an exciting and rewarding fast paced highly successful company. Leveraging the outstanding Terma reputation and our strong relationship with the US DoD, Homeland Security and large Prime Contractors for more than three decades, Terma has developed a significant presence in the U.S. as provider of mission critical solutions for aerospace, defense and security sectors. We are known as an independent, agile, and fast responding partner for mission customized solutions.
Reports to: Director, Quality & Production
The Continuous Improvement / Lean Practitioner Manager will be responsible to:
- Facilitate deployment and integration of the CI philosophy into the culture of the business
- Uses CI/Lean tools to map and analyze processes for improvement opportunities that positively impact the value stream, increases efficiencies, and removes waste
- Leads and/or facilitates rapid improvement workshops, kaizens, value stream mapping and other Lean events/tools to support continuous improvement activities/projects in all functional areas
- 5S+ expert for the organization – leading the 5S implementation across the TNA organization
- Support TNA leadership with the deployment of the TNA strategic initiatives and objectives to initiate actions to improve and gain process efficiencies
- Leads employee training to further instill the CI skillset within the organization
- Researches and identifies relevant benchmarks for establishing standard work and operating procedures
- All other responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in a related field and a minimum of 10 years of Continuous Improvement / Lean experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated proficiency with CI/Lean tools and concepts
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve goals and objectives
- Ability to prioritize assignments and multi-task under pressure of deadlines
- Conducts effective meetings
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Lean certifications
- Greenbelt or Blackbelt certification
Terma North America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of applicants or employees.