The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aero-structures for the aircraft industry. Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, France, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore, and the U.S.
Terma North America (TNA), the US subsidiary of Denmark based Terma A/S, is searching for a highly qualified Human Resources Director to join our team of exceptionally dedicated professionals in an exciting and rewarding fast paced highly successful company. Leveraging the outstanding Terma reputation and our strong relationship with the US DoD, Homeland Security and large Prime Contractors for more than three decades, Terma has developed a significant presence in the U.S. as provider of mission critical solutions for aerospace, defense and security sectors. We are known as an independent, agile, and fast responding partner for mission customized solutions.
The Human Resources Director will be responsible to:
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; and training and
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources and talent management
- Develops and implements departmental budget
- Provides guidance and leadership to the human resources team
- Identify and implement long-range strategic talent management goals
- Collaborates with executive leadership to define the organizations long-term mission and goals; identifies ways to support the mission through talent management.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting and retention.
- Responsible for managing and supporting the assessment of organizational needs and the design, implementation and evaluation of programs that facilitate the professional development and continuous learning of team members.
- Manages organizational development (OD) strategies and processes
- Leads the design, development and implementation of programs, policies and strategies tailored to meet OD needs and program goals.
- Evaluates strategies and programs to measure the achievement of established goals
- Plans and leads short and long-term planning for OD programs
- Directs the needs assessment for training and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the company
- Designs and develops HR training programs for management and employees
- Trains managers on HR issues and practices. Presents course materials.
- Consults with management on performance, organizational and leadership matters. Conducts needs assessments to determine measures required to enhance employee job performance and overall company performance.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field and minimum of 15 years of human resources experience OR equivalent experience
Required Skills and Experience:
- Five or more years of experience in a leadership/manager role
- Five or more years of experience working in organizational development
- Experience designing and implementing effective training and development programs
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitator skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Security Clearance, if required
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential
Terma North America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of applicants or employees.