To lead innovation, manufacturing and operations
Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, the leader in innovation, manufacturing and operations in the small satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically designing, building, launching, and operating state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
Terran Orbital Corporation is seeking an Associate Systems Integration/Test Engineer. The candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team to build, integrate, and test space vehicles at both the sub-system and system levels.
- Vehicle and module assembly, integration, and test procedures.
- Help develop tools and hardware to enable vehicle assembly and ensure vehicle testing abilities
- Assist with full testing campaigns ensuring vehicle integrity of electronic and mechanical systems
- Vehicle integration build flow and test concept of operations
- Position will require being hands-on and will require standing for extended periods of time.
- Electrical and Mechanical issue debugging at the satellite system and subsystem level
- Manage work orders and driving nonconformances into actionable items and system improvements
- Responsible for enabling day-to-day execution of the vehicle integration and test flow
- Help refine manufacturing assembly procedures based on lessons learned to mature status
- Interface with engineers and technicians to advance to larger scale manufacturing and automation
- Assist with evaluating proposed designs for manufacturability and integration into subsystems
- Responsible for leading vehicle assembly, integration, and test procedures on 1st (6 AM to 2:30 PM) or 2nd (2 to 10:30 PM) shifts
- Communicate progress, challenges, and opportunities to engineering and leadership in a clear and effective manner.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
AS degree or on path toward BS in an Engineering discipline or related technical discipline
1+ years of experience (internship time is counted) as a test technician supporting highly integrated cross-disciplinary assembly operations, with hands-on technical experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience with build integration and testing of propulsion, thermal, electrical and/or structural systems; including, but not limited to: vibration, shock, thermal, vacuum, and radiation testing.
- Experience with electrical debugging of PCB Assemblies, including the ability to read electrical schematics.
- Documentation and configuration management experience
- Experience executing to test plans, procedures and providing go/no-go judgment
- Experience in a production environment within the aerospace industry
- Experience working in a laboratory setting, particularly a cleanroom with ESD precautions
- The ability to read and write basic code in any major programming language.
- Experience using Linux based operating systems
- Employee Equity Incentive Program
- Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) Match
- Unlimited PTO
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities