To lead innovation, manufacturing and operations
Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, the leader in innovation, manufacturing and operations in the small satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically designing, building, launching, and operating state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated Flight Software Engineer for our Irvine, CA location. This position is hybrid, allowing for two days remote. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. As a flight software engineer, the candidate will join a collaborative team to develop innovative nano-satellite vehicle solutions for multiple projects.
Tyvak is developing and flying ground-breaking missions from rendezvous and docking of cube- and micro-sats to non-cooperative, proximity operations. We also have a host of other unique missions that range from Lunar landers, Mars scientific missions, synthetic aperture radar constellations, visual imagers, weather, and many others.
- Design, develop, and maintain simple, reliable, and fault tolerant software
- Develop software for unique payloads including image processing, aero-braking, and propulsive lunar landing
- Write comprehensive unit and regression tests in existing frameworks
- Integrate and test software in simulation, flight replica, flight, and hardware-in-the-loop environments
- Work with multiple engineering teams to establish software requirements and design
- Work with multiple engineering teams to commission newly launched satellites
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent field
- 2-3+ years of experience developing C++ applications for embedded, high-performance, or critical systems
- Highly motivated self-starter able to perform duties autonomously without supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience
- Hands-on experience using ARM and Texas Instruments platforms for embedded systems
- Experience with Linux and GNU tools such as make, gcc, and debuggers such as gdb
- Experience with scripting languages such as bash and Python
- Salary and benefits are market competitive.
- Equity Incentive Plan
- 100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.