To lead innovation, manufacturing and operations
Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, the leader in innovation, manufacturing and operations in the small satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically designing, building, launching, and operating state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated Ground Software Engineer to work on our Ground Software team at our Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. The Ground Software team is responsible for building and maintaining the tools that enable end-to-end operations of our spacecraft as well as the entire ground segment. As a Ground Software Engineer, the candidate will develop both back- and front-end applications that manage our ground segment, store and visualize spacecraft telemetry, and automate our mission control center.
- Architect the ground software framework for Terran Orbital’s next generation of space vehicles
- Core focus: Develop back-end data processing applications (Python) and web servers (NodeJS) and the design of interfaces and data flow between ground segment applications.
- Provide mentorship to Junior developers
- Participate in software requirements generation, design, implementation, and testing discussions.
- 5+ years of software development including back-end and front-end development, and database administration, (B.S. in relevant field, or 3 years and a Masters)
- Exposure to: React, SQL
- Emphasis on application security at all levels of the system.
- Experience with big-data design and system-level architecture.
- Experience working in a team environment to foster the growth of junior developers and support team cohesiveness.
- Per the requirement of certain Terran Orbital facilities, applicant must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS/SCI Security Clearance and all special accesses required to work at such facilities.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes containerization and service orchestration systems.
- Familiarity with AMQP (RabbitMQ) message queuing protocol.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment practices and tools.
- Knowledge of IT/networking basics
- Demonstrated experience with generation of user displays and data visualization.
- Passion for the NewSpace industry
- Exciting new projects with the opportunity for career advancement
- Equity Incentive Plan
- 100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.