To lead innovation, manufacturing and operations
Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, the leader in innovation, manufacturing and operations in the small satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically designing, building, launching, and operating state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
Here at Terran Orbital we have several programs pushing towards the goal of returning to the moon. We are responsible for delivering multiple spacecraft to Lunar orbit in the next few years and eventually we will be delivering payloads to the surface of the moon as part of NASA’s CLPS opportunities. Come join us and help us achieve our goals of returning to the moon, from orbit to the surface.
Terran Orbital is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. We specialize in spacecraft development, launch services and on-orbit operations to deliver small satellites for critical missions across a variety of applications in LEO, GEO, and beyond Earth orbit. We are transforming access to space by providing end-to-end, cost effective space systems using agile aerospace processes and accelerating on-orbit success.
- Terran Orbital is seeking a motivated and experienced Program Manager to work out of its corporate office based in Irvine, CA. This role is critical to the company’s commitment of delivering mission success stories to our customers.
- As a Program Manager, you will work within a multidisciplinary team to manage the execution of customer contracts. You are accountable for delivering highly reliable space systems to Government and Commercial customers.
- The Program Manager owns the customer relationship, organizes internal engineering, manages external suppliers & manufacturing, and tests activities.
- A successful Program Manager executes on-time, on-budget delivery of their projects. The end goal of every Program Manager is to deliver affordable, high-performance space systems at an escalated pace.
Position Duties (including but not limited to the following):
- Maintain project schedules, risk analysis, procurement plans, subcontract management plans, project staffing plans, and budgets (direct costs, subcontracts, travel, etc.)
- Participate in customer meetings to define and refine requirements
- Report program updates regularly to executive team and our customers
- Track all internal and external deliverables, prepare and present formal and informal design and progress reviews
- Generate proposals/scope of work based on customer requirements
- Work closely with members of their own program team, technical peer teams, and program controllers to ensure our systems meet all requirements and achieve all milestones, while staying within strict budgetary constraints
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences
- 5+ years’ experience as a project lead or project manager with a demonstrated reputation for delivering unique, high-complexity systems
- Proven ability to deliver on-time and on-budget
- Experience with rapid development projects
- Ability to define and utilize metrics, develop program schedules, and control budgets to manage program activities
- Demonstrated teamwork and written/oral communications skills
- Ability to communicate across organizational boundaries and levels
Demonstrated employee management experience and proficiency in task management
- Ability to help organize and manage a team of personnel, develop program schedules, and control budgets to meet required deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Per the requirement of certain Terran Orbital facilities, applicant must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS/SCI Security Clearance and all special accesses required to work at such facilities.
Additional Positive Considerations
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences or Business Administration
- 5 years of experience as a responsible Systems engineer on spaceflight projects
- Experience with government customers and their project management practices
- Concept-to-launch experience with one or more satellite missions
- Experience with cost and budget constrained programs
- An active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Experience with aerospace environments (other than traditional, large prime contractors)
- Understanding of satellites, space sensors and ground systems used for space assets
- Competitive health benefits, including 100% Company Paid Medical PPO plan for Employees and Dependents
- Generous Paid Company Holiday schedule
- Paid Time Off Package