To lead innovation, manufacturing and operations
Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, the leader in innovation, manufacturing and operations in the small satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically designing, building, launching, and operating state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
Terran Orbital is seeking an experienced Spacecraft Operator candidate with technical and practical understanding of space systems and phenomenology. The selected candidate will work in a team environment while supporting a variety of revolutionary satellite systems for both Terran Orbital and industry partners. As a Spacecraft operator, you will operate in both classified and unclassified ops centers as a member of a cross-disciplined specialty operations and engineering team located in Irvine CA responsible for satellite command and control, telemetry monitoring, data trending, and mission sustainment.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Primary focus on operations of on-orbit spacecraft and the ground stations that support them.
- Provide mission planning to maintain spacecraft/payload and ground system health. Includes writing, testing, verifying, and executing spacecraft command sequences which may include spacecraft configuration changes.
- Provide real-time data analysis and monitoring for trending and indications of system degradation or malfunction for multiple end-to-end systems
- Utilize control and safety procedures required for multiple systems in day-to-day operations and response to anomalous system behavior
- Participate in launch and early operations and specific on-orbit operational campaigns, work in rotating shifts, potentially longer shifts on occasion, and serve as first responders to spacecraft anomalies.
- Develop and update operational procedures, scripts, tools, and processes as necessary
- Perform long-term trending and data analysis tasks to assess spacecraft health and provide reports on said analysis, highlighting any items of interest that have been identified.
- Serve on-console during spacecraft activities, which may include periods of off-hours or on call work.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
- Degree-in-progress or a completed bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant
- STEM field, or 3+ years of equivalent work experience
- Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills across multiple groups, offices, and organizations
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and team environment
- Experience in a coding/scripting language
- The ability to travel as necessary
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical discipline from an accredited institution
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience with the Intelligence Community (IC) and/or the Department of Defense
- Superb technical skills and experience related to space hardware, and satellite sensors and subsystems
- Proficient experience in at least one programing / scripting language (python preferred)
- Experience with command line environments (Linux preferred)
- Experience with developing technical documentation for operations
- Strong fundamental understanding of computer networking preferred
- Employee Equity Incentive Program
- Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) Match
- Unlimited PTO
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities