To lead innovation, manufacturing and operations
Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, the leader in innovation, manufacturing and operations in the small satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically designing, building, launching, and operating state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
Terran Orbital is seeking an experienced Thermal/ Structural Analyst. The role involves in all aspects of a spacecraft lifetime. They support spacecraft thermal systems configuration from concept level through design reviews, design verification using analytical methods (structural and thermal analyses) and testing, plus operations. In addition to predictive and analytical work, engineers will serve on-console during spacecraft thermal and structural test activities and/or operations which can include periods of off-hours or on call work.
- Minimum combined 3 years of experience in thermal/ structural analytics utilizing a mixture of numerical and analytical techniques.
- Experience working with Nastran or Thermal Desktop.
- Must possess an understanding of the basic principles of radiation and conduction heat transfer in conjunction with space environment heating effects and parameters associated with spaceflight applications.
- Must possess an understanding of the basic principles of solid mechanics and material science in conjunction with static and dynamic launch environment loads.
- Proven knowledge of spacecraft mission design and associated subsystems is preferred.
- Knowledge of environmental requirements, engineering, and testing and hands on engineering project experience including use of data acquisition systems is preferred.
- Comfortable working in fast-paced, start-up environment with a strong desire to be a key contributor on a small team.
- Highly responsible team player with positive attitude and excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Experience with Solidworks or other equivalent CAD software is a must.
- Master of Science degree is preferred (years of experience requirement reduced to 2 years with MS).
- Previous experience developing detailed and/ or simplified thermal/ structural models for spacecraft systems, subsystems, and components is a plus.
- Proficiency with computational scripting languages (Matlab, Python, Mathematica, etc) is preferred.
- Strong desire to develop tools to automate repetitive tasks that reduce analysis turnaround time
- Proficiency with Thermal Desktop and/ or NASTRAN
- Applicant must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS/SCI Security Clearance and all special accesses required to work at such facilities.
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with Thermal or structural focus