To lead innovation, manufacturing and operations
Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, the leader in innovation, manufacturing and operations in the small satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically designing, building, launching, and operating state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
Terran Orbital Corporation is seeking a qualified Radar Systems Test Engineer to work in a team environment to advance the design, capabilities, and performance of a state-of-art space-based radar system. You should have end-to-end radar system knowledge and experience in synthetic aperture radar (SAR) systems and signal processing. You will become a key member of a fast-paced, high-performing team of engineers, program managers, and senior technologists developing complex, state-of-the-art space-based radar systems and applications for commercial, U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), and U.S. Intelligence Community customers.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to the development and definition of the radar system test plan, including the testing, characterization, and calibration of the system and subsystems, pre- and post-launch
- Contribute to the development and definition of the radar commissioning plan
- Conduct activities specified in the test and commission plans, analyze results to verify and validate performance, and document the results
- Support the development, prototyping, and testing of radar system models in detailed high-fidelity simulations to enable assessments, trade studies, and algorithm development
- Support engineering studies for government sponsors and commercial customers to innovate and evaluate space-based radar payloads and algorithms
- Prepare, present, and participate in project design reviews and peer reviews for all phases of radar/SAR development tasks
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. in electrical engineering, math, physics, or related field, depending on position level
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in radar systems and testing with knowledge of end-to-end design, development, and/or assessment
- Experience in testing, characterization, and calibration of synthetic aperture radars ( preferred) or radar systems
- Demonstrated leadership as well as workload, time, and resource management abilities
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 22 CFR §120.15 or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
- To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
- This position requires the candidate to be eligible for or have a current/active TS/SCI security clearance and to maintain the clearance.
- Detailed knowledge of the space-based radar systems or space systems
- Experience supporting SAR use cases in the Intelligence Community or Department of Defense
- Employee Equity Incentive Program
- Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) Match
- Unlimited PTO
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities