To lead innovation, manufacturing and operations
Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, the leader in innovation, manufacturing and operations in the small satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically designing, building, launching, and operating state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Terran Orbital is seeking an experienced RF design engineer to develop key elements of mission and communications subsystems for innovative, high-capability small satellites. Exciting product development activities will include phased array antennas, high data rate radios, and radar systems.
- This engineer will be responsible for full lifecycle ownership of RF assemblies and subassemblies from concept through design, manufacturing, and test.Creation of architecture diagrams, block diagrams, schematics, circuit analysis, and design review presentations.
- Low-level schematic design and implementation incorporating commercially available RF components and supporting circuitry.
- Collaboration with systems, software, mechanical, and digital engineering to develop optimal solutions to complex problems including thermal management, layout support, and harness design and routing.
- Development of custom test interface hardware
- Development of assembly procedures, test plans, and fabrication documentation.
- Cooperative test, debug, and requirements verification activities.
- Methodical schematic and PCB layout peer review and rigorous documentation of results and comments.
- Additional responsibilities as necessary, including support of other program or integrated product teams when subject matter expertise, review, or input is required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree
- 5+ years relevant experience.
- RF or mixed signal circuit design experience.
- RF test and troubleshooting experience.
- RF analysis and simulation experience.
- Experience with Keysight/PathWave ADS, Cadence/AWR Microwave Office, or similar RF design tools.
- Experience with Altium Designer, Cadence Allegro, or similar schematic capture and circuit board design tools.
- Experience with network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, and similar RF test equipment.
- Experience with oscilloscope, power supply, multi-meter, and similar standard test equipment.
- Meticulous attention to detail in design and documentation.
- Additional preferred experience:
- MSEE or other relevant graduate degree
- Space hardware design experience
- Phased array system design experience
- Experience with Ansys HFSS or similar electromagnetic simulation tools.
- Antenna range test experience
- Experience with LabView or similar test automation software development.
- Equity Incentive Plan
- PTO and Holidays during the calendar year
- Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Access to Gradifi Refi tuition refinancing assistance
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities