To lead innovation, manufacturing and operations
Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, the leader in innovation, manufacturing and operations in the small satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically designing, building, launching, and operating state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
Terran Orbital is currently seeking qualified Senior Radar Systems Engineers to work in a team environment to advance the design, capabilities, and performance of a state-of-art space-based radar system. You should have end-to-end radar system knowledge and experience in synthetic aperture radar (SAR) signal processing. You will become a key member of a fast-paced, high-performing team of engineers, program managers, and senior technologists developing complex, state-of-the-art space-based radar systems and applications for commercial, U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), and U.S. Intelligence Community customers.
This position will report to the Director of Engineering and is an incredible opportunity to help support the outcome of a major commercial space capability in a great, fast-growing company. Are you ready to be part of the winning team and grow your career?
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and conduct radar systems assessments and trade-studies to explore and set radar system parametrics, including waveform and parameter selection
- Develop, prototype, and test radar system models in detailed high-fidelity simulations written in MATLAB and other common industry applications to enable assessments, trade studies, and algorithm development
- Apply SAR image formation and exploitation knowledge to assess and develop signal processing algorithms to support operational implementations and studies
- Develop test plans, conduct tests, and analyze results to verify, and validate radar sensor and signal processing algorithm requirements and performance
- Propose and perform engineering studies for government sponsors and commercial customers to innovate and evaluate space-based radar payloads and algorithms
- Prepare, present, and participate in project design reviews and peer reviews for all phases of radar/SAR development tasks
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. in electrical engineering, math, physics, or related field, depending on position level
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in radar systems with knowledge of end-to-end design, development, and/or assessment, through modeling and simulation
- Experience in developing techniques for radar signal processing, with specific emphasis on Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) preferred
- Demonstrated leadership as well as workload, time, and resource management abilities
- Proficient at MATLAB application for radar
- Prior coursework or experience in areas of digital signal processing, probability theory, stochastic signal processing, and electromagnetic theory
- To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
- This position requires the candidate to be eligible for or have a current/active TS/SCI security clearance and to maintain the clearance.
- Detailed knowledge of the space-based radar systems or space systems
- Experience supporting Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) use cases in the Intelligence Community or Department of Defense
- Experience in creating efficiencies or novel techniques in collection, processing, and exploitation of
- Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) data
- Familiarity with open data standards utilized in the common transport and processing of radar data products
- Familiarity with advanced solution for data storage and analysis
- Experience with C/C++ and/or Python
- Equity Incentive Plan
- Generous PTO with floating holidays and flexible vacation policy
- Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Access to Gradifi Refi tuition refinancing assistance
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities